What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

StarThrower

• Replies 21.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• Referentzhunter

• HutchFan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Number 9 from this set. Possibly my favorite stereo set. I just bought this box to replace  the Seraphim singles from the '90s. No sonic comparisons yet, but it sounds dandy and the 5 disc set only cost $13.99 on Amazon. Notes are limited and only in French.

81qEJJEdnXL._SL1500_.jpg

A bargain indeed ....

811m-LDpwlL._SL1425_.jpg71vSm94YGeL._SL1200_.jpg

My wife and I saw him perform someof these concertos last night, but with a differnt, larger ensemble - with his own group it all isa bit more to the point. We are looking forward to hear him again in February, this time with the musicians from the CD.Due to the problems of hearing a harpsichord properly in modern, larger concert halls, you will enjoy him perfectly when listening to this CD at natural volume.

The program notes were full of annoying mistakes, wrong portraits of compsers depicted, and the false attribution of the f minor concerto to Wilhelm Friedemann Bach - it was written by a youthful Johann Christian in Berlin and worked over by his brother Carl Philipp Emanuel. 

If you love the harpsichord concertos of Bach and his sons, get this disc, it is excellent.