What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

StarThrower

• Replies 21.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• Referentzhunter

• HutchFan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

61S4iKamJQL.jpg

Grossly underrated Brucknerian Lovro von Matačić with a superb performance of Symphony 7 ..... Matačić provides pleanty of both drive and natural flow to the music and the climaxes are pictured as emotional outbursts with the Czech Philharmonics being at the top of their game .... strongy recommended ....

Btw excellent sound from this 2002 Czech Supraphon CD reissue nowadays deleted, but go alternatively for the japanese COCO-73076 Blu-spec release .... 

Edited by soulpope

On 4/14/2018 at 4:54 AM, Misterioso said:

One of the very few records in my collection my wife enjoys as much as me: Winterreise with Fischer-Dieskau and Moore from this 1972 4LP Deutsche Grammphon set (which I acquired recently in mint and sealed condition for next to nothing):

PhotoPictureResizer_180414_214533164-489x489.jpg

:tup:tup

Great value that set. The other two cycles are fine as well.

Edited by Marzz

e7c84a4309.jpg

(CD BBC MM230)        2003 .... recorded 1968 (Debussy) and 1970 (Ravel) @ BBC Studios London .... beautiful Debussy and benchmark Ravel "Le Tombeau De Couperin" performances by Vlado Perlemutter in his late(r) prime .... surprisingly these also soundwise excellent recordings saw only release via a BBC-Magazine "bonus CD" in 2003 - as this is offered from time to time via Ebay or Amazon platform dealers, this comes highly recommended (believe I hooked board member Chuck Nessa to this recording quite a long time ago) ....