What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

StarThrower

• Replies 21.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• Referentzhunter

• HutchFan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, erwbol said:

This splits the first and later movements over the two discs. Unacceptable to me.

Definitely a downside - but not a reason to deprive yourself of this excellent performance .... by no means being a download guy, but in this case it helps .....

32 minutes ago, Peter Friedman said:

i purchased this set some time back and was also disappointed in the split over two discs. Perhaps if I had known that in advance I would not have bought it.

The performance is certainly very good, but I have other very fine performances of the Schubert String Quintet.

I believe the peach of this release is No 15 .... unfortunately ...

11 hours ago, erwbol said:

I'll try the Alban Berg. The Busch is an old mono recording with out of tune sounding strings, right?

I first heard the G major quartet in Woody Allen's Crimes and Misdemeanors. I wonder what recording Woody used.

Not sure about The Busch having out of tune strings, but this is a recording from the 30`s so the sound is dated .... but as said, they really turn uo a storm ....

Regarding Woody Allen's Crimes and Misdemeanors I believe these outtakes are from the Juilliard String Quartet performances .....