What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

StarThrower

• Replies 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• Referentzhunter

• HutchFan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, HutchFan said:

R-4210854-1358641628-1837.jpeg.jpg

Salvador Bacarisse: Concertino en la menor para Guitarra y Orquesta Op. 72; Ernesto Halffter: Concierto Para Guitarra Y Orquesta /
Narciso Yepes (guitar), Odón Alonso (conductor), Orquesta Sinfónica de la R.TV. Española [DG]

I recently found this LP at a thrift shop, and I really dig it. Lovely music! . . . Unfortunately, the vinyl has seen better days. Even after cleaning it repeatedly with my record vac, there's a steady stream of crackles and pops. Oh well. At least it doesn't skip.

. . . I guess I can't really complain about the LP condition when I paid a dollar for it. ;) 

I love these thriftshops ! especially because you never know what t find ! For 1 euro that is a good record. 

11 minutes ago, Referentzhunter said:

I love these thriftshops ! especially because you never know what t find ! For 1 euro that is a good record. 

Oh yes, great fun. I enjoy perusing those places. Goodwill. Salvation Army. Junk stores. All of them. :) 

Of course, on some level it doesn't make sense -- from either a time or money perspective. Nearly everything in those places is garbage.  But there is an undeniable thrill when you stumble across a hidden gem. . .  The same day I found Narciso Yepes, I also got the MJQ & Laurindo Almeida LP Collaboration, one of the few MJQ Atlantics that I didn't have. NM condition. $1.

Those sorts of scores are what make it fun.

This record contains especially music written by Chopin. and i am a fan. I heard a lot o.f his music played by cortot, Arrau, Harasiewicz, Rubinstein, francois, Lipatti but from the first moment i putted the the needle on the record and the music started to play i did not knew what was happening.... Totally different from what i thought to knew.

What i am trying to say and thought many times about this fenomenon. What is purism ? Does it exists ? Does it survive ? Is a musical thought of a composer pure ? etc. etc.

This record contains also a  1955 recording of harasiewicz's Mazurka's

R-2330309-1284214889.jpeg.jpg

Edited by Referentzhunter

Now streaming Cluyten's first recording of Berlioz's L'enfance du Christ from this set:

81B9aGLaKHL._SY395_.jpg

For those keeping score at home, this features Hélène Bouvier (mezzo soprano), Jean Giraudeau (tenor), Michel Roux (baritone), Louis Noguera (bass), and Henri Medus (bass) as well as the Orchestre de la Société des Concerts du Conservatoire and Raymond St. Paul Chorus.

Dipping into this again today:

81B9aGLaKHL._SY395_.jpg

Franck: Symphony in D minor - Orchestre National de la Radiodiffusion Française 
Saint-Saëns: Symphony No. 3 "Organ" - Henriette Roget (org), Orchestre de la Société des Concerts du Conservatoire 

Edited by HutchFan