What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

StarThrower

6 hours ago, Referentzhunter said:

Is Reiner's 'Concerto For Orchestra' really good ? Any recommandations for that one (reference) ? 

At one time, it was the version, at least per "common wisdom", at least in my world.

I know times/tastes change, but it's something I think should be heard. I don't know that times/tastes have changed that much.

An iconic cover, too.

R-6361848-1417362894-5725.jpeg.jpg

• Replies 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• Referentzhunter

• HutchFan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, JSngry said:

At one time, it was the version, at least per "common wisdom", at least in my world.

I know times/tastes change, but it's something I think should be heard. I don't know that times/tastes have changed that much.

An iconic cover, too.

R-6361848-1417362894-5725.jpeg.jpg

Oh yeah. IMO, it's a tremendous recording, and its "legendary" status is well-deserved. 

R-8097036-1455074019-8378.jpeg.jpg

R-8097036-1455074023-6727.jpeg.jpg

Thank you Sony (or whoever you are not) for including the full LP in the new New Music String Quartet box, even though the NMSQ is not on half of it (this LP). In particular, the Lou Harrison Suite for Cello and Harp is splendid! And Capital, Capitals is amusing for the first few listens, although I was left thinking wouldn't it have been a hoot to have this performed by the NMSQ, singing instead of playing, a string quartet for voices. But maybe that's a bit too conceptual.

Pianosonatas Nos. 28 & 32

First listen for me.

Not one of the best beethovian interpretations but this could be a personal for me 'favorite' in the future. There is something in his playing i dare to call; down to earth, methodical, fresh and contemplative. For me at least it is.

281258192981.jpg

Edited by Referentzhunter

4 hours ago, Referentzhunter said:

Pianosonatas Nos. 28 & 32

First listen for me.

Not one of the best beethovian interpretations but this could be a personal for me 'favorite' in the future. There is something in his playing i dare to call; down to earth, methodical, fresh and contemplative. For me at least it is.

281258192981.jpg

👍Great readings indeed👍 ....