What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

StarThrower

• Replies 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• Referentzhunter

• HutchFan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been kicking myself in the ass...On Aug. 10 there was a live performance of Feldman's For Philip Guston (the 4 hour piece) at an art gallery about an hour away. I didn't find out about it until Aug. 17. My fault, as I apparently passed by a promotional sign several times but failed to notice!

R-1004967-1183093388.jpeg.jpg

This (Cage's One^5 + Feldman's Triadic Memories) is outstanding but long oop and likely difficult to find.

Edited by T.D.

18 minutes ago, Chuck Nessa said:

I have that lp since the late '60s.

Me too.

32 minutes ago, T.D. said:

I've been kicking myself in the ass...On Aug. 10 there was a live performance of Feldman's For Philip Guston (the 4 hour piece) at an art gallery about an hour away. I didn't find out about it until Aug. 17. My fault, as I apparently passed by a promotional sign several times but failed to notice!

R-1004967-1183093388.jpeg.jpg

This (Cage's One^5 + Feldman's Triadic Memories) is outstanding but long oop and likely difficult to find.

Top notch for sure; I bought mine direct from Goldstein; he may still have a few copies. You can contact him at the university where he teaches, U. of North Carolina IIRC. He also did a great recording of Cage's Sonatas and Interludes for Prepared Piano. Very nice man.

43 minutes ago, Larry Kart said:

Me too.

Top notch for sure; I bought mine direct from Goldstein; he may still have a few copies. You can contact him at the university where he teaches, U. of North Carolina IIRC. He also did a great recording of Cage's Sonatas and Interludes for Prepared Piano. Very nice man.

Goldstein's also recorded (2010) Feldman's For Bunita Marcus. I already owned another recording (H. Kleeb) at time of release and was not inclined to double up, so haven't heard it. But the recording was praised by (IMO) a reliable source.

58 minutes ago, T.D. said:

Goldstein's also recorded (2010) Feldman's For Bunita Marcus. I already owned another recording (H. Kleeb) at time of release and was not inclined to double up, so haven't heard it. But the recording was praised by (IMO) a reliable source.

I've got Goldstein's "Bunita Marcus" too. I agree with the reviewer.