What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

StarThrower

• Replies 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• Referentzhunter

• HutchFan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Surprise, surprise...

The 90's live recordings (Vienna Konzerthouse) of 'Der Tod Und Das Madchen' and some other stringquartets played by the Alban Berg Quartet are properly issued !!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only profound memories remained !!! Stil available to these two cd-set. Very happy to find this  and i guess you will be happy to to add this to your collection.

ffgfgfg.jpg

1 hour ago, Referentzhunter said:

Surprise, surprise...

The 90's live recordings (Vienna Konzerthouse) of 'Der Tod Und Das Madchen' and some other stringquartets played by the Alban Berg Quartet are properly issued !!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only profound memories remained !!! Stil available to these two cd-set. Very happy to find this  and i guess you will be happy to to add this to your collection.

ffgfgfg.jpg

The Alban Berg Q with Schubert never disappointed ....

Barbirolli, Halle Orchestra, Sibelius 5 (EMI originally, now in this inexpensive Warner Classics set)

Quite a difference between this -- for want of a better term, humane -- performance and the machine-tooled Karajan DGG Berlin Philharmonic Sibelius 5. The latter, stunningly precise, also at times brings to mind the Nuremberg Rally. Indeed, I like all these Barbirolli Sibelius recordings.

•  

61rgiOLtpsL._SY450_.jpg

Essential 1954 mono recordings (Les Discophiles Francais) of the Mozart Sonatas played by lili Kraus. Only available as original lp, hard to find Japan release or in this marvelous must-have 31 cd budget box-set. Also the essential Mozart pianosonatas for piano and violin (recorded in 1934 if i remember well, Parlophone) with Szymon Goldberg , Mozart Trios, Mozart quintets, Sonatas with Boskovsky (thisone goes for astronomical high prices nowadays). That for the Mozart part.

MUST HAVE for Mozart-lovers and piano-oriented music lovers in general. Go for it as long as it is available !!!

Mozart Piano Sonatas Nos. 1t/m8

dssdsdsddsd.jpg

Edited by Referentzhunter

5 hours ago, Larry Kart said:

Barbirolli, Halle Orchestra, Sibelius 5 (EMI originally, now in this inexpensive Warner Classics set)

Quite a difference between this -- for want of a better term, humane -- performance and the machine-tooled Karajan DGG Berlin Philharmonic Sibelius 5. The latter, stunningly precise, also at times brings to mind the Nuremberg Rally. Indeed, I like all these Barbirolli Sibelius recordings.

•  

61rgiOLtpsL._SY450_.jpg

:tup, Sibelius once said: 'My music is in good hands of Barbirolli'. Barbirolli also recorded the second with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra earlier. Still want to hear that version ! Maybe one time in the future. Nice to see this set come by....