What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

StarThrower

• Replies 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• Referentzhunter

• HutchFan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 hours ago, soulpope said:

51zcFUPjd0L._SY355_.jpg

:tup Still a great set and my favourite of her 3(!) complete recordings - I also have the Eloquence 2017 issue of her 1941/42 recordings, her first recordings of the complete Rach. Preludes. Glad to have them, although I'm not hearing anything drastically different from her other cycles. Possibly that's just me, maybe you have heard/compared? I also recently purchased the Decca Legacy box (Eloquence) that includes that 1941/42 set plus her 1951 Decca recordings. Very good. Some interesting obscurities in the Eloquence box like Rawthorne's concerto with Adrian Boult. 

Oh and speaking of Supraphon, now playing Martinu - Symphony 6

Martinu-Symphonies.jpg

Edited by Marzz

3 hours ago, Marzz said:

:tup Still a great set and my favourite of her 3(!) complete recordings - I also have the Eloquence 2017 issue of her 1941/42 recordings, her first recordings of the complete Rach. Preludes. Glad to have them, although I'm not hearing anything drastically different from her other cycles. Possibly that's just me, maybe you have heard/compared? I also recently purchased the Decca Legacy box (Eloquence) that includes that 1941/42 set plus her 1951 Decca recordings. Very good. Some interesting obscurities in the Eloquence box like Rawthorne's concerto with Adrian Boult. 

Oh and speaking of Supraphon, now playing Martinu - Symphony 6

Martinu-Symphonies.jpg

Lympany has a consistent approach ..... btw the Martinu recordings are superb ....

On 6/28/2020 at 0:29 PM, HutchFan said:

More solo piano:

R-5244762-1388601541-1173.jpeg.jpg

Moravec Plays Chopin (Connoisseur Society, 1970)

Otherworldly beauty.  A desert-island disc.

:tup

now playing Prokofiev & Khachaturian Cello Concertos (both 1972) from Christine Walevska - Legendary Recordings set. Eliahu Inbal conducting.

Walevska-Legendary-Recordings.jpg

Edited by Marzz