What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

StarThrower

• Replies 21.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• Referentzhunter

• HutchFan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, soulpope said:

Good to hear you appreciate this performances .... obviously me not being an expert about "authentic" Prokofiev .....

... there is an very, very rare Japan 3 cd release of these performances,... found 'ONE' copy for sale on the internet for 160 euro (if i remember right) ... oops, ... already sold few days later ! A reissue would be justified by now.

6 minutes ago, Referentzhunter said:

... there is an very, very rare Japan 3 cd release of these performances,... found 'ONE' copy for sale on the internet for 160 euro (if i remember right) ... oops, ... already sold few days later ! A reissue would be justified by now.

Got Prokofiev Sonatas 2,3,8,9 on Melodiya vinyl ... and another Melodiay platter with Petrov performing Chopin ....

2 hours ago, Larry Kart said:

Strange, fabulous music, beautifully performed.

71FIgiS+z+L._AC_UL320_.jpg

Charles Koechlin - The Jungle Book (Le livre de la jungle ...

This was the first Koechlin album I bought; some 28 years ago. He wrote that "the monkeys were just self-satisfied mimics whose only goal is to follow the fashion of the day...such things  are said to take place in the world of artists, too".

"Debussyism, Atonality and Twelve Tone composition follow each other in an awkward potpourri, the prophets of the Back to Bach movement apply their fugal skills to a popular tune..."

It's pretty hilarious until Mowgli's rescue, and then the true polymodal music of Koechlin emerges, celebrating his rescue. Koechlin's music is always so good, I just buy his CDs whenever I find one.