StarThrower

What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

14,042 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, Referentzhunter said:

aha... thank you 

For me the Quatuor Mosaiques deliver reference Haydn recordings here .... btw were held in high esteem also by former forum member Paul Secor - miss both his personal views and eclectic musical taste ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

61v0sARux9L._SY400_.jpg

Speaking of Haydn Quartet reference recordings ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

String Quartet No.1, Op.1/1   and   No.2. Op.1/2iu-13.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mozart - Piano Quartet No.1, K.478    and    Spohr - Symphony No.9, Op.143 "The Seasons"

iu-6.jpeg

91l8UZBJljL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ab67616d0000b273772bf297c24586d76ca496f8

Greatness by the late Lazar Berman .... highly recommended ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brahms - Cello Sonata No.1, Op.38    and    Bruch - String Quintet op. posth.51XeO9myXLL._SY355_.jpg81jum5aSSHL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Peter Friedman said:

Brahms - Cello Sonata No.1, Op.38    and    Bruch - String Quintet op. posth.51XeO9myXLL._SY355_.jpg

👍Classic👍 ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Compared to the I-Musici version this version is full of live ... simply beautifull.

mmm.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got this yesterday. Excellent - the new reference in Lious Couperin recordings, great playing, elaborate liner notes. It completes the four volumes of the harpsichord works, and the notes mention in passing that the organ pieces will follow, as well as the few chamber music piecxes and newly attributed vocal compositions! Highly recommended!

https://www.aeolus-music.com/Alle-Tontraeger/AE10184-Couperin-Louis-Pavanne-de-Mr-Couperin

AE10184-Couperin-Louis-Pavanne-de-Mr-Cou

The label sells a bundle of all four volumes at reduced price, for those who don't have any of them: https://www.aeolus-music.com/Alle-Tontraeger/Bundles/AE80013-Louis-Couperin-Complete-works-for-harpsichord

Revisiting the previous volumes. too:

AE10094-Couperin-Louis-Preludes-de-Mr-Co

AE10114-Couperin-Louis-Passacaille-de-Mr

AE10124-Couperin-Louis-Chaconne-de-Mr-Co

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Referentzhunter said:

Compared to the I-Musici version this version is full of live ... simply beautifull.

mmm.jpg

👍👍!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mikeweil said:

Got this yesterday. Excellent - the new reference in Lious Couperin recordings, great playing, elaborate liner notes. It completes the four volumes of the harpsichord works, and the notes mention in passing that the organ pieces will follow, as well as the few chamber music piecxes and newly attributed vocal compositions! Highly recommended!

https://www.aeolus-music.com/Alle-Tontraeger/AE10184-Couperin-Louis-Pavanne-de-Mr-Couperin

AE10184-Couperin-Louis-Pavanne-de-Mr-Cou

The label sells a bundle of all four volumes at reduced price, for those who don't have any of them: https://www.aeolus-music.com/Alle-Tontraeger/Bundles/AE80013-Louis-Couperin-Complete-works-for-harpsichord

Revisiting the previous volumes. too:

AE10094-Couperin-Louis-Preludes-de-Mr-Co

AE10114-Couperin-Louis-Passacaille-de-Mr

AE10124-Couperin-Louis-Chaconne-de-Mr-Co

Thnx for the alert, appreciate the previous volumes too .... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.