What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

StarThrower

• Replies 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• Referentzhunter

• HutchFan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Interesting. I have this lp, without the price sticker.

51ZZ26BZf1L._AC_.jpg

The Koch/Schwann label recorded most of Reger's orchestral music back then, trying to establish him as a major cmposer of his generation, all good recordings.

If you want a more recent recording of the piano concerto, I would recommend this one:

ODEtODM1NS5qcGVn.jpeg

Marcus Becker is a very interesting pianist, having made 12 CDs with Reger's complete solo piano music, and many other cornerstones of late 19th and early 20th century piano music. He is also a jazz pianist of some credibility, which makes his recording of the Antheil concertos all the more interesting. You can find him on facebook, too, or here: https://markusbecker-pianist.de

https://www.facebook.com/100014480043422/videos/724045121998768/

Edited by mikeweil

10 hours ago, soulpope said:

OC03NzU0LmpwZWc.jpeg

Everything here is top-level Ravel. It has one of the best versions of the orchestral Tombeau de Couperin. There is one version with Abbado which I think is even more engaging, but the recording quality and the playing of the orchestra here is really good. Have you heard the piano version of Tombeau with Jean-Yves Thibaudet?

8 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Everything here is top-level Ravel. It has one of the best versions of the orchestral Tombeau de Couperin. There is one version with Abbado which I think is even more engaging, but the recording quality and the playing of the orchestra here is really good. Have you heard the piano version of Tombeau with Jean-Yves Thibaudet?

Agree .... don't know the Jean-Yves Thibaudet performances though ....