Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
A Lark Ascending

Woody Guthrie and Donald Trump's dad

12 posts in this topic

I'm sure there's more to this story than immediately meets the eye but I found it interesting:

Story

Yep, white man is the devil who speaketh with forked tongue. Wrote a song 'bout it.

I guess we're bringing back the Politics Forum under a different guise.

Dmitry -- We no longer have a Politics forum on Organissmo; thus your posts here and on the Cosby thread are out of line. Please desist.

Me? Desist...?! Am I the one posting about Trump's dad?..

No Politics forum...not even the super-secret Democratic underground forum, like there used to be? I'm sorry..:D

What happened to the Politics forum? I need to vent my righteous anger.

Jim deep-sixed the Politics Forum at some point in 2015 IIRC because it had become a place where personal insults and other forms of bad behavior were flowing freely and  escalating, and Jim had decided long before that that such behavior had no place on Organissimo. Further, speaking as a moderator, policing such a forum under the rules for general behavior on the board that Jim had established was just impossible -- in terms of time and energy alone, plus the assumption on the part of most disputants that it was the moderator's job to act as a kind of one-person Supreme Court and dispense justice/decide who was right and who was wrong.

Please feel free to delete this thread if it is felt to be too contentious for the board. I thought the story was interesting. But maybe not that interesting. 

I don't feel the thread itself is "too contentious." But Trump is such a polarizing character and it's hard for the thread NOT to be ultimately linked to his present political campaign. I did find the article interesting and thought-provoking though and thanks for posting it Bev.

Yes, I realise he's a touchy person to refer to. I'll try and steer clear of mentioning him. 

Am I still allowed to say "You've trumped!"? (When appropriate, of course.)

14 hours ago, A Lark Ascending said:

Please feel free to delete this thread if it is felt to be too contentious for the board. I thought the story was interesting. But maybe not that interesting. 

No worries. You can say whatever you want, the moderator is after me.