Running low / Last chance

Alfred

Jim, so maybe you indeed heard it all (or almost all) - yet as you have your box already, what's the difference...

Big Wheel: I think the Tristano/New Tristano (disc one + four tracks from discs 2&3) should still be around (coupled on a Rhino disc), also one of the two Konitz Atlantics (In Hi-Fi, I think it was), and the Konitz/Marsh should be available. And if you go to Japan...

ubu

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE N.O. funeral dirge music. Haven't heard the Atlantic material (yet), but have heard many other examples.

All I've heard is that on the Atlantic set, and I couldn't get into it at all. But then one of the few advantages of being relatively new to jazz is how my ears grow so fast (shut up!). For instance, a couple of days ago I was telling a board member how much I disliked the Konitz/Mehldau/Haden disc Alone Together. Well, I hadn't actually listened to it in about three years, so I threw it on to check it out. I love it. :wacko: So, while I can't get into the funeral jazz stuff right now, give me a year or two and who knows?

So, while I can't get into the funeral jazz stuff right now, give me a year or two and who knows?

I believe this is a very valid point. This same scenario happens to me all the time with jazz. And, more so, when learning about & enjoying Mosaic's product.

An example would be the Mosaic HRS box and the Mosaic Bix/Tram box. I've come to truly enjoy the music on the HRS box and the history of the Bix/Tram box. I have enjoyed the hell out of the Jack Teagarden tracks on the Bix/Tram box.

Edited by wesbed

about 130 new orleans sets as of today

How do you know? Do you just call up Mosaic and ask them?

Hi All,

A quick update... just ordered a set at Mosaic, and the numbers remaining for the following sets (as of Friday the 19th, 3:30 pm Eastern) are:

120 - Tristano/Konitz/Marsh

118 - Atlantic New Orleans

My advice would be to hurry up on the T/K/M set... I doubt it will last much beyond next week!

I hope this helps... don't make Soulstation post that picture of "The Procrastinator" in reference to you! :g

Cheers,

Shane

I'm trying to convince myself to purchase some Mosaic sets today, SUNDAY, before the day expires. Before the sets go OOP.

Errr... New Orleans Jazz, Tristano, or both?

Will I be able to do it???? :rmad:

Jeez. I have 'issues.'

Edited by wesbed

I'm feeling so much better. I resolved some of my 'issues.' :tup

I just placed an order for both the New Orleans Jazz and the Tristano/Konitz sets. I can no longer post my meanderings in this thread, about whether I should purchase the sets or not.

Hmmm... What will be the next Mosaic to be moved to Running Low/Last Chance?

Well, I just had to do it. :D

I've been wanting that T-K-M set forever.

I've been so good about not buying jazz. I'd gone two years without a new Mosaic set and I've gone months without buying single jazz cd. So, I figured since I was going to get in trouble for charging the T-K-M set....

.... I ordered the Capitol Jazz set too! :g

This should hold me for a while. :D

I've been wanting that T-K-M set forever.

I've been so good about not buying jazz. I'd gone two years without a new Mosaic set and I've gone months without buying single jazz cd. So, I figured since I was going to get in trouble for charging the T-K-M set....

.... I ordered the Capitol Jazz set too!

I'd not have survived the jazz drought as long as you. No way. Congratulations on your purchase of the Tristano/Konitz and Capitol Jazz boxes. Whoo hoo!!! :party:

I orderd my T/K/M over the weekend. Of course, I had to add the New Orleans Jazz box to the same order. :w

I want the Capitol Jazz before it goes OOP. I'll wait till it hits the Running Low (if I can wait that long).

Edited by wesbed

I orderd my T/K/M over the weekend. Of course, I had to add the New Orleans Jazz box to the same order.

I want the Capitol Jazz before it goes OOP. I'll wait till it hits the Running Low (if I can wait that long).

The T/K/M set is one of my favorites out of the few sets that I own but I'm afraid my New Orleans set won't see much time in my cd player. Maybe it will grow on me in time but right now I can only take small doses of it at a time. I'm also thinking about the Capitol Jazz set but that sucker is spendy!

The New Orleans Jazz and T/K/M sets arrived today. I've been playing, reading about, and enjoying both sets very much. I was concerned about liking (or not liking) the New Orleans Jazz box. However, it sounds quite good to me... lots of heart & soul & New Orleans.

The T/K/M box is great, of course. Considering the players on the T/K/M box and the many positive recommendations from the people on this board, how could the set be bad? The answer: it couldn't (and it's not).

I'm so very glad I purchased the sets before they went OOP. Now that I've heard some tunes from each, including the funeral music on the New Orleans box, I'd have been disappointed to have learned either was no longer available. That I'd missed my last opportunity to make my purchase. Also, as usual, some fantastic mastering work done by Malcolm Addey.

Here is the view, across my bed, as I listen to the music, read the words, and play on my computer (at 1:00AM). It has been a good evening.

Edited by wesbed

The New Orleans Jazz and T/K/M sets arrived today. I've been playing, reading about, and enjoying both sets very much. I was concerned about liking (or not liking) the New Orleans Jazz box. However, it sounds quite good to me... lots of heart & soul & New Orleans.

The T/K/M box is great, of course. Considering the players on the T/K/M box and the many positive recommendations from the people on this board, how could the set be bad? The answer: it couldn't (and it's not).

I'm so very glad I purchased the sets before they went OOP. Now that I've heard some tunes from each, including the funeral music on the New Orleans box, I'd have been disappointed to have learned either was no longer available. That I'd missed my last opportunity to make my purchase. Also, as usual, some fantastic mastering work done by Malcolm Addey.

Here is the view, across my bed, as I listen to the music, read the words, and play on my computer (at 1:00AM). It has been a good evening.

I take you have no cats? Or at least lock the door to this room with the sets open and vulnerable??? :ph34r:;)