Black Coffee

fasstrack

Well as long as you're playing it like that... I think this one has infinitely better, or at least significantly less weepyvictimy, lyrics. Stainy!

Squeeze+Black+Coffee+In+Bed+-+ps+565365.

Black Coughing:

open-uri20121212-30546-1qcqe5q.jpeg

Black Coffin:

Coffin%20Adverts%20-%20Drakunia%20Black%

WeepyVictimy (or Stainy) done so much better than Peggy Lee, or anybody.

Coffee/cigarettes, kinda too Stan Kentony Capitol Neurotiphonic Publicity Photos for me, let's cut to the chase take it straight to the graveyard!

4 hours ago, MomsMobley said:

nat gonella

marjorie stedeford

Thanks for those.

9 hours ago, JSngry said:

Rosemary Clooney & Chris Connor (with Maynard).

The vulnerability of Rosie's version is something else. And what a voice! Nice somewhat Ellingtonian chart, too. Who was Bob Thompson?

21 minutes ago, Larry Kart said:

Julie London's has a beautiful arrangement. I have sung it with a big band and I've used Peggy's rendition with a combo as well as with a sole pianist. Both renditions are really nice and it is still one of my favourite songs.

Edited by page

Apart from Sonny Criss' version, Ray Charles has something rather different to offer. But not his voice, which is not featured. But Fathead's tenor IS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_wWWy7R1Xw

I've got to admit, though, that it's something of a disappointment when they start to double time, a minute before the end, but it's only for half a minute or so.

MG

Peggy still wins, IMO. 3:03 of fat-free mini-drama. Rosie is runner-up.

Of course, they are all worthy...

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:36 PM, page said:

Julie London's has a beautiful arrangement. I have sung it with a big band and I've used Peggy's rendition with a combo as well as with a sole pianist. Both renditions are really nice and it is still one of my favourite songs.

Yes, good chart. Who did it?

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 3:38 PM, bluenoter said:

great trombone on Peggy's. Who is it? I like the way he goes out of the chord at the end, and imitates the piano before.

3 hours ago, fasstrack said:

Peggy still wins, IMO. 3:03 of fat-free mini-drama. Rosie is runner-up.

Of course, they are all worthy...

great trombone on Peggy's. Who is it? I like the way he goes out of the chord at the end, and imitates the piano before.

There is no trombone on Lee's "Black Coffee." The only horn is trumpeter Pete Candoli, originally billed for contractual reasons as "Cootie Chesterfield."

7 hours ago, fasstrack said:

Dick Reynolds, I think. Although I'm not completely sure but it was his orchestra. It's not noted on the arrangement which is still in my possesion. The arrangement was transcribed by Jon Harpin.
Cootie Chesterfield is registered as trumpet player for Peggy's rendition. I didn't know his real name was Pete Candoli. Thanks, Larry, those are nice facts to learn. :)