What jazz cd has the longest playing time?

medjuck

I just noticed that the new re-issue of "Ellington Uptown" has a playing time of just under 80 minutes. I think that that's the most of any cd I own. Anyone know of one that's longer?

I think 80 minutes is about the absolute limit for a standard audio cd, so I don't think anything beats that by much.

--eric

I've once seen a CD that had more than 81 minutes. But that's above the CD specification, and not all players can play it to the end.

I did some googling, and found this:

Longest CD

On the same page there is also alist of the best 150 jazz records of all time ...

Well, I see my Marsh cd (at 78:14) ties for 97th place. I also see my lp version of "People In Sorrow" makes the list of 150.

Why am I broke?

I've once seen a CD that had more than 81 minutes. But that's above the CD specification, and not all players can play it to the end.

Longest CD

On the same page there is also alist of the best 150 jazz records of all time ...

Well, I see my Marsh cd (at 78:14) ties for 97th place. I also see my lp version of "People In Sorrow" makes the list of 150.

Why am I broke?

Because it's a world gone wrong?

My wife has a Julio Iglesias (?) CD that I swear is two and a half hours of pure hell.  But maybe I overestimate...

You must have the patience of Job.

I would run stark raving mad out of the room...TWO and 1/2 hours???

ohmigod

Oh, it's probably only 30 minutes. But it seems like two and a half hours...

Longest CD

Why am I broke?

Cuz you smoke cigarettes, and are a liberal???

Longest CD

Why am I broke?

Well if you can supply one , I'd gladly send the cash.