Mosaic Sale - until 29 Feb, 2016

It's not much of a discount and I'm not short of CDs to be listened to, but (1) it's years since I bought a Mosaic and (2) I want the Clooney and Hines sets anyway, so I went for those.

Also I chose air mail for the first time since I'm not in a hurry and it's half the price. Any reason I should regret that, UK members?

Not UK but French member and air mail was always fine for me, it usually comes faster than announced and the rate is low. I will very probably be in for the Hawk set this time after getting Threadgill last fall (go for it by the way).

Edited by OliverM
typo

The Henry Threadgill is tempting.

And I could also pick up a couple extra Tolliver Big Band Selects for only $2 more shipping (I already have one, but could easily see wanting to have extras for a couple somebodies at some point or another (could be years from now, I know).

Hmmmm...

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Especially strong recommendation for the Mingus. These are in-depth exploratory live performances that are either previously unavailable or previously not readily/always available. I'm not exactly short on Mingus, if you know what I mean, but the music on this set really got my attention, especially the My Favorite Quintet band.

10 hours ago, JSngry said:

Especially strong recommendation for the Mingus. These are in-depth exploratory live performances that are either previously unavailable or previously not readily/always available. I'm not exactly short on Mingus, if you know what I mean, but the music on this set really got my attention, especially the My Favorite Quintet band.

Good for a fan but not a huge fan of Mingus?

10 hours ago, JSngry said:

15 hours ago, JSngry said:

Agreed on the MFQ band. I owned a decent amount of Mingus recordings before springing for the Mosaic, but none with Mingus/McPherson/Hillyer/Byard/Richmond. That lineup's material on the Mosaic was a revelation to me. Especially since until I heard the stuff, I couldn't imagine Hillyer fitting into a Mingus ensemble (I enjoy Hillyer's playing but always get the feeling his technical ability is struggling to keep pace with his ideas).

Edited by T.D.

On 15 February 2016 at 11:42 AM, crisp said:

Also I chose air mail for the first time since I'm not in a hurry and it's half the price. Any reason I should regret that, UK members?

Air mail option (aka Banana Boat) always works for me pretty well.

I'm going to be tempted by the Threadgill, Hines or Hawkins. Choices..