MLB 2016 Season Thread Of Discussions

JSngry

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's the best you got and if he can do it again the Cubs can only tip their hats. (And blame themselves for that 1-0 shutout loss at home. How often has a home team been shut out 1-0 in a World Series? I guess its happened before but I can't imagine its happened more than a handful of times in all these years.)

Cubs can complete the comeback if they get to Kluber. If he hands off to Miller and Miller is probably ready to go three or 3+ then they are in trouble. Cubs need to get to Kluber in the first three innings.

And I am wondering if the game will be moved up an hour though last time they announced it the night before.  They should, because the bad weather doesn't move in until 11 pm. 7 pm start means they could get it in tonight.  

I'm just glad the weather doesn't look so bad that MLB would pre-emptively postpone, and eliminate that short rest "advantage".

I fucking HATE umpires who refuse to call strikes when the catcher sets up outside and the pitcher misses his spot and it's still right in the middle of the goddamn strikezone. That pitch before the walk was such a fucking strike it was ridiculous.

And sainted Joe Maddon is a fucking moron to go to Lester and now its a whole new fucking ballgame.

Edited by Dan Gould

Joe Maddon is just way, way too cute.....a f'ing moron. A Sabermetrician first, not a real manager....managing like a panicky pete, that never has managed before....and only has sites like fangraphs to tell him what to do. Kyle Kendricks SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN TAKEN OUT OF THE GAME! duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 but no, managers and the neverplayedbaseball experts know what to do , much more than every manager over the past 100 years or so....take a starter out after 4 + innnings, cuz...you know, 2nd time through the order, hitters are better...blah, blah, blah

STOOOPID........................

2 hours ago, soulpope said:

Congrats to the Cubs - (IMO) the best team of the 2016 season ..... although really doin`great, the Indians pushed their luck during the play offs - but of course its from their perspective a shame that Kluber + Miller folded just in the World Series game 7 .....

they were just plain worn out....just like Chapman was....of course, Maddon overused him, needlessly...but we will forget that cuz the Cubs won ;)

In other news....I hope these guys use their powers for good, not evil....

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/1993-High-School-Yearbook-Quote-Predicted-Cubs-World-Series-Win-for-2016-398397051.html

https://www.buzzfeed.com/bradesposito/tweet-predicts-world-series?utm_term=.nymxe5Ro#.jj712Z7n

I took my Ambien not expecting the rain delay...did stay kind of awake enough to see the final out. Smiled at Dad & Uncle Bob then went all the way to sleep.

Joe Maddon is not wearing well with me as the seasons pass, but dammit, the Cubs have finally won a World Series. Hopefully the world at large can now get on with the business of moving forward.