MLB 2016 Season Thread Of Discussions

JSngry

All things considered, Cubs should be happy to head home to the friendly confines with Hendricks on the mound against a team that has to sit their DH.

Lester is the guy with the pedigree but Hendricks led the majors in ERA.

Would be awesome if Schwarber is cleared to play the outfield. Otherwise he's going to get very familiar with Andrew Miller.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wind blowing out at Wrigley. The god awful John Hirschbeck behind the plate. Home run prone spot starter Josh Tomlin on the bump. A slow catcher/first baseman/DH in left field for the first time in his MLB career. Andrew Miller out of the game with three very long innings left to go. Yan Gomes plays. Michael Martinez scores all of the runs. What's not to like?

Bit nervous about Kluber tonight. Obviously he is a stud. But short rest will matter to some degree. See very human version of him pitching recently against Toronto.

Tobacco has been banned in minor league dugouts for a number of years. http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/7269744/baseball-labor-deal-union-limits-does-not-ban-tobacco-useis

In the major leagues, the ban is on a city by city basis. http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/7269744/baseball-labor-deal-union-limits-does-not-ban-tobacco-use

Whether and how the local bans are enforced is a whole other story.

This is killing me but how appropriate would it be for the Cubs to make like the 2004 Sox and all they have to do is win 3 in a row, not 4, and they aren't coming back from a 19-8 drubbing.

So I'll just remember what Kevin Millar told everybody before game 4 of the ALCS:

"Don't let the Sox win tonight. Cause if we do, then they get Pedey, and then they get Schilling, and anything can happen in Game 7. So don't let the Sox win tonight."

Who knows maybe Theo has got Millar lined up for a pre-game pep-talk. Maybe he'll get everyone to take a shot of Jack Daniels, too.

C'mon Lester, don't let the Tribe win tonight. Get it back to Cleveland and get Schwarber back in the lineup, take your chances with Arrieta and Hendricks.

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

Weeknight World Series games always viewed favorable here!

Even though you no longer work from home? I can't handle these late nights not with the dogs getting us up at 6 am. I hope to go to bed around the normal time on Tuesday night and wake up to good news Wednesday morning. 

Then I'll gird myself for the long night of Game 7. After running out first thing to get a bottle of bubbly. Gotta be prepared if it really gets to a final game for all the marbles.

Central Time is usually not a problem like that, games are over around 10-10:30 skip the post-game, hit the Ambien, put something Pandora on the TV, set the sleep timer, get up between 5:30-6:30, it's all good.

Am getting plenty full of Joe Buck and the tired Fox "tense fan" camerawork, SO tired of that. But these games have played well, last night in particular. Felt like the Cubs had it, but hmmm...one hit and one mistake, or the other way around, look out, really did have to watch to the very last out to make sure. That's a good baseball game.