MLB 2016 Season Thread Of Discussions

JSngry

On 4/5/2016 at 5:14 AM, Scott Dolan said:

I thought they were tearing down that hill in CF before this season. 

That's just one piece of the center field renovation that's planned. They opted to postpone the renovations another season because they weren't going to be able to get everything done before the home opener this year. The timeline got shortened due to last season's playoff run and some other events that had previously been scheduled for the park. 

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/7/2016 at 11:53 AM, Scott Dolan said:

Hmmm...

So what happens when they go deep into the playoffs this year? 

It wasn't just the playoff run last year that was an issue, it was the combination of the (unexpected) playoff run and other events that they'd already committed to. As part of reworking the project plan, they almost certainly assumed a deep playoff run this year and presumably haven't scheduled any other events that might impact the renovation timeline. 

Only if you only have two or three go to relievers, Paul. The Royals have changed that dynamic with a wall-to-wall bull pen. We barely squeezed five or six innings out of our starters last year. 

How did our pen look in the postseason? Trust me, it can work. 

Edited by Scott Dolan

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2016 at 8:21 PM, Tim McG said:

Sorry about Pablo Sandoval not working out for your guys.

I think now you now why my Giants didn't aggressively go after him. He was more box office sales than a legit talent. Great glove man, a fair bat but attitude up the yin-yang. Food me.

Funny how no one knew anything of a shoulder injury when he went on the DL, figured it was a case of "sucks - itis" and now he's facing shoulder surgery and likely gone for the season.

Here's to a successful rehab, a solid 2017 spring training, and godspeed at his next destination when the Sox unload his salary for a (small) bag of equipment.