03/03/03: Organissimo releases debut, Blue Note board blows up

A significant day!  :D  Every time a March 3 rolls around, I remember that as the "day of infamy" in Blue Note bulletin board history (it was the day they suddenly truncated and severely modified the board), and while doing a search for any previous topics about said board, came across the release date for Waiting For The Boogaloo Sisters.  My, how time... does whatever it does.  Glad to see both the group and the O still in good health after all these years.

Edited by ghost of miles

...and not just jazz...the number of members here who know a lot of things about a lot of different musics...I feel free (enough) to throw things up here that I'd not in any other environment because i know that there will be that common bond of "jazz" in the responses, that even if I'm getting it "wrong" there will be an understanding of why I might be so doing. Rightly or not, that feeling of freedom to inquire and share and grow means a lot to me personally.

1 hour ago, paul secor said:

Then perhaps it will be much the same as Eric Dolphy's statement: "When you hear music, after it's over, it's gone in the air. You can never capture it again." Nothing lasts forever.

Yeah, but surely my house is OK ... or my bank account ... or my wife ...  (well, at the very least,  my Charlie Parker collection is safe, isn't it ... isn't it?).  :( Q.

14 hours ago, JSngry said:

...and not just jazz...the number of members here who know a lot of things about a lot of different musics...I feel free (enough) to throw things up here that I'd not in any other environment because i know that there will be that common bond of "jazz" in the responses, that even if I'm getting it "wrong" there will be an understanding of why I might be so doing. Rightly or not, that feeling of freedom to inquire and share and grow means a lot to me personally.

I completely agree with you Jim. There's an amazing number of incredibly knowledgeable people here -- but the overall vibe is very open and inquisitive and chilled. You don't find that sort of combination often, especially on the intranet.

I'm not a BNB vet like many of you. Relatively speaking, I'm still a newbie here at organissimo. But I'm glad to be a part of it. :) 

• 3 years later...