03/03/03: Organissimo releases debut, Blue Note board blows up

26 minutes ago, J.A.W. said:

Remember BNBB member Hard Bop? There was hardly a member he didn't disagree with :D

Quite a few BNBB members didn't make the transition to this forum, and of the ones who did many have left in the ensuing years... Pity.

Chris (Hardbop) wasn't a bad guy. I met him a couple of times in person down in New York and I'm friends with him on Facebook. He just happened to like Wynton Marsalis, who we all know is a lightning rod and that brought him into direct conflict with Chris Albertson, which resulted in massive arguments. I always blamed Chris Albertson way more than Hardbop for that stuff.

20 minutes ago, bresna said:

Chris (Hardbop) wasn't a bad guy. I met him a couple of times in person down in New York and I'm friends with him on Facebook. He just happened to like Wynton Marsalis, who we all know is a lightning rod and that brought him into direct conflict with Chris Albertson, which resulted in massive arguments. I always blamed Chris Albertson way more than Hardbop for that stuff.

Ah yes, I remember now what the "problem" was. Add to that that Chris always said exactly what he thought in no uncertain terms, which often rubbed some members the wrong way.

8 hours ago, J.A.W. said:

Remember BNBB member Hard Bop? There was hardly a member he didn't disagree with :D

Quite a few BNBB members didn't make the transition to this forum, and of the ones who did many have left in the ensuing years... Pity.

There are a few like that here too.

I'm an irregular here, perhaps even moreso than on BNBB or JazzCentralStation, rec.music.bluenote (always the same user name), but I'm glad it exists for my rare free moments when I have internet access.  And someday, I will be long-term resettled off The Continent....

Here, no Deep.

• 11 months later...
On 3/4/2020 at 9:14 AM, J.A.W. said:

Chris (Hardbop) Heaney is on Facebook. We were just reminiscing today about the defunct Up/Over Jazz club in New York. I saw a few great shows there.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/3/2021 at 5:54 PM, Rooster_Ties said:

Jeez, can anyone believe that in 2 short years, it’ll have been 20(!) years since this board sprang into being? :blink:

Two short years later... 🙂

Happy 20th anniversary, Organissimo! 03/03/03-03/03/23 and counting. 

Edited by ghost of miles