the bill savory collection-finally

19 hours ago, mjzee said:

Did the new titles download at 128 kbps or at 256 kbps?

I have no idea. I just use the ITunes store and it downloads into my ITunes library. How would I know what kbps it is?

I am concerned that something is not right with the ITunes store on this, as my song timings did not change when I substituted the corrected version.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Hot Ptah said:

I have no idea. I just use the ITunes store and it downloads into my ITunes library. How would I know what kbps it is?

I am concerned that something is not right with the ITunes store on this, as my song timings did not change when I substituted the corrected version.

"kbps" is basically the sound quality of the file.  The higher the number, the better.  Most professionally released mp3 tracks are at least 256 kbps.  The way you find out: Go to the Savory album in your iTunes.  Right-click on any individual track, and select Get Info.  In the box that pops up, select File.  The fourth item down says "bit rate."

The reason I ask is that my original download of the album was at 256 kbps.  The replacement tracks are at 128 kbps.  This is nuts, because I think Apple promises that all their tracks are at least 256 kbps.  I think they've botched this release big time.

Oh, in the same place where you can see the bit rate (Get Info/File), look at "date modified."  If you don't see the date you downloaded the corrected version, then nothing's changed.

yes, the timings remained the same on itunes. i haven't downloaded either the old or the new version, but i know the answer about 

> Yacht Club Swing / Hold My Hand: old version 3:39, new version 4:31>>

the ending of the old version has the beginning of the following track ("I Haven’t Changed A Thing" ), and that's why it is longer.

2 hours ago, l p said:

yes, the timings remained the same on itunes. i haven't downloaded either the old or the new version, but i know the answer about 

> Yacht Club Swing / Hold My Hand: old version 3:39, new version 4:31>>

the ending of the old version has the beginning of the following track ("I Haven’t Changed A Thing" ), and that's why it is longer.

Also the old version of "I Haven't Changed....." has what obviously should be the ending of "Summer Souvenirs.." edited onto it. (They talk about 
"Who did blow out..." and a apoken  intro to "You Must Have Been.." that seems have been lost in the new versions. 

On 11/7/2016 at 9:44 AM, mjzee said:

I've just spent an hour with Apple Customer Service regarding redownloading the album.  My advice is to not bother.

Do you have a Mac?  I might be able to help.  (A long shot of course.) 

I called the National Jazz Museum and spoke to a staff person about this situation with the supposed correction of the download of the Savory Collection.. I mentioned the discussion about the correction on this board, and she asked me to spell Organissimo.org 

She seemed concerned, and said that someone would contact me. She took down my email address and phone number. No one has contacted me yet.

• 4 weeks later...