George Adams, anyone?

Milestones

9 hours ago, felser said:

I always mourned the wasted space on a 40 minute LP where he indulged in his vocal artistry.  What could we have had instead?

Can't say that I ever "mourned" it, but at the time it did seem like a bit of a bit of a questionable diversion. Like if you were going to go fix a sandwich or something, here's a good time to do it.

But now that he's gone, and having seen it on video enough, it seems to me now that it's just his way of channeling that energy of his through a different medium. It's still, uh..."different", but I've come to appreciate it as "energy" instead of "singing".

And I do miss him.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Let me put it this way - his singing was as much a part of his energy as Chet Baker's was of him. And perhaps not too different in "competency".

Fair enough, though I sort of like Baker's singing, largely because he often chose good source material for it.   With Adams, it always seemed to be a blues cliche/parody.  Though I would dread the idea of him "singing" something "serious" (not that devil women and such don't seem serious at the time).