Your First Mosaic Set Purchased

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only recently discovered Mosaic in the past year or so, but once I did I went on a tear. First purchase was the Select Moncur, last was the Gerald Wilson box.

In between those purchases:

Select Randy Weston

Byrd/Adams

Max Roach

Blue Mitchell

Bix/Tram/Teagarden

Mulligan Concert Band

Horace Parlan

Teddy Wilson Trio

yum yum eat 'em up.

First set was probably Buck Clayton early 1990s. The begining of an addiction.

Today I got a message from the post office that the last order Woody Herman & Johnny Hodges has arrived. The Hodges was a sort of precautionary maneuver; Verve sets can sometimes go OOP without warnng.

Favorite sets; for variety; the Capitol set; otherwise JJ Johnson, Gerald Wilson and now Gerry Mulligan.

As a parenthesis; I have read somewhere that men unlike women tend to make everything into a project (vacations, whatever); if true I suppose we have an explanation as to why mosaic collecting appears to be a hobby not always approved of by spouses and girl friends.

Sometimes the newspapers have stories of weird collections and their (almost normal) owners. I think the latest was someone who crammed his house and garage full with old radio and TV-sets. I then take the opportunity to point out to my wife that as far as collecting habits are concerned, collecting Mosaic sets is by far not the worst. This observation, I regret to say, has not yet made much of an impression.

Edited by andersf

As a parenthesis; I have read somewhere that men unlike women tend to make everything into a project (vacations, whatever); if true I suppose we have an explanation as to why mosaic collecting appears to be a hobby not always approved of by spouses and girl friends.

Sometimes the newspapers have stories of weird collections and their (almost normal) owners. I think the latest was someone who crammed his house and garage full with old radio and TV-sets. I then take the opportunity to point out to my wife that as far as collecting habits are concerned, collecting Mosaic sets is by far not the worst. This observation, I regret to say, has not yet made much of an impression.

Yeah, I've tried point stuff like that out to my wife too, and she usually just gives me one of these: <_<