Happy Over Hoagy

danasgoodstuff

6a00e008dca1f0883401bb08606d41970d-500wi

Bought an LP of this (which I'd never seen before) the other day when I went to Music Millennium to get the new Sonny.  Short (8 tunes, under 30 min) and kind of a 'small' work in other ways too, but quite enjoyable.  Don't know that I've ever heard Cohn on baritone before.  Apparently was dbl'e up on CD with the even more oddball We Dig Cole featuring Charlie Shavers, Sam 'the man' Taylor and Urbie green.  What say you?

1 hour ago, danasgoodstuff said:

6a00e008dca1f0883401bb08606d41970d-500wi

Bought an LP of this (which I'd never seen before) the other day when I went to Music Millennium to get the new Sonny.  Short (8 tunes, under 30 min) and kind of a 'small' work in other ways too, but quite enjoyable.  Don't know that I've ever heard Cohn on baritone before.  Apparently was dbl'e up on CD with the even more oddball We Dig Cole featuring Charlie Shavers, Sam 'the man' Taylor and Urbie green.  What say you?

Don't know that one myself. There's some tasty Cohn baritone on John Benson Brooks' "Folk Jazz U.S. A.," which also has some lovely Zoot on alto.