Jeff Crompton / Edgewood Big Band - May 21

jeffcrom

For anyone in the Atlanta area who might be interested, I wanted to let you know about a concert I've got coming up. On Saturday, May 21, I'll be issuing a 7" vinyl EP of two of my pieces performed on overdubbed saxophones. I started thinking about how to have a release show for something like that, and it has turned into a 12-piece band with some of the best avant-ish musicians from Atlanta, Athens, and points beyond.

So on Saturday, May 21, I'll be presenting the Edgewood Big Band at the First Existentialist Congregation, 470 Candler Park Dr., NE. We'll be playing 30 years of my compositions, ranging from almost-conventional jazz to some pretty out stuff. Beer and wine will be available, and admission is ten dollars at the door. The EP will be on sale for the concert-only price of five bucks.

Hope to see some of you there.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p526x296/11219704_920100221391325_6100686260772008667_n.jpg?oh=619c8e48c10e9d78df3710a3d6d3e586&oe=579C1367

• 3 weeks later...