Jutta Hipp Mosaic

I too would love a Jutta Hipp Mosaic Select set. I only have the connoisseur with Zoot Sims and a cd-r of Quintet. This would be nice set.

Another set I'd like to see would be one of any 10" Blue Notes that weren't released as connoisseurs (if there are any). Just throw them together in a package like the Capital Jazz set.

I wish I was rich like Weizy and Ghost, and could have 12 different editions, and still wish for more!! Kidding! Just Kidding! I have been wanting to here her for some time now, and I would like to see a select as well.....A poor guy like me could hope to own it then...

Worlds smallest violin, played just for me...postcards.gif

There's two volumes of the Hickory House material, and the session with Zoot. . . . That would be enough for a Mosaic Select really, especially if there is any extra material from the Hickory House. (Doubt it, but you never know.)

There are other recordings on German labels . . . that would be a nice set!

I saw an extremely rare Jutta Hipp LP at a local store about a month ago. I'm afraid I can't recall the name, but half of it was Jutta with some German cats and the other half was a British band. Guy wanted $75 and I just couldn't justify that. But maybe Michael could license that material to fill out a MS set.

I saw an extremely rare Jutta Hipp LP at a local store about a month ago. I'm afraid I can't recall the name, but half of it was Jutta with some German cats and the other half was a British band... But maybe Michael could license that material to fill out a MS set.

This sounds like "Cool Europe" MGM E3157 containing, on one side, Mike Nevard's British Jazzmen. In Lord this does not appear to have been a leased date, so Universal might only be it's usual difficult self over licensing.

Another set I'd like to see would be one of any 10" Blue Notes that weren't released as connoisseurs (if there are any). Just throw them together in a package like the Capital Jazz set.

The only Blue Note 10" Lps not reissued as Connoisseur CDs or regular CDs were:

- Urbie Green Septet - 5036

- best from the west: a musical blindfold test / Modern Music from California, Vol 1 + 2 - 5059 and 5060

Something says me the Green was on Japanese CD, the latter on a Fresh Sound LP.

I'd rather see Mosaic Select editions of the individual works of some artists in the 10" era.

There should be enough Jutta Hipp material recorded in Germany to fill a 3 CD set!