Return Of The Film Corner Thread

8 hours ago, BERIGAN said:

Had you seen Too Late for Tears before? Before  Eddie Muller became a TCM Noir host( at 10 am Sunday , makes no sense) Eddie had a lot to do with getting the film restored and aired the restored version on TCM, as it had fallen into Public Domain hell , mainly crap shortened versions you could buy for a $1 at bargain stores.

Eddie Muller really made it sound interesting, so I stuck around to watch it (half expecting to say, it's ok, why build it up so much?) well, very glad I gave it a shot. I don't know how well it did originally, or how good the reviews were at the time, but it's a shame it isn't a much better known film.....

I've seen it a couple of times. My copy is from TCM and of fair to middling quality

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, kinuta said:

I've seen it a couple of times. My copy is from TCM and of fair to middling quality

here is a copy of the restored version (though I notice some minor flicking, perhaps from copying it from blu-ray ) at least this guy has a link to buying it on amazon below the video

13 hours ago, BERIGAN said:

here is a copy of the restored version (though I notice some minor flicking, perhaps from copying it from blu-ray ) at least this guy has a link to buying it on amazon below the video

Thanks for the link. Yes, it looks quite a bit better than the previous copy. Cheers.

The Hanging Tree - Delmer Daves (1959)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/29/Poster_of_the_movie_The_Hanging_Tree.jpg

19 hours ago, BERIGAN said:

A good one.  I only came across it recently.

A Ghost Story - David Lowery (2017)

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51g4HnRQdOL._SX342_.jpg

Redefines ambivalence.

Is it a delicate meditation on the metaphysics of death or a daft practical joke?

I tend to the former opinion but can quite easily see the case for the latter.

Worth seeing for originality and the brooding, slow paced visuals but most definitely not for anyone expecting a traditional scare fest.

Go figure.

Bad Day For The Cut - Chris Baugh (2017)

http://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/bdftc_poster_web_xlarge.jpg?w=691

Revenge thriller set in Ireland. Well done, it kept my attention throughout.

An especially nasty femme fatale.

Never Here - Camille Thoman (2017)

Image result

Very stylish but borderline incomprehensible.

' A haunting Lynchian mystery ' grabbed my attention.

Yeah, right.