Return Of The Film Corner Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Matthew said:

Every time I walk down a hallway, and here the clack of my shoes, I think of this great movie.

I think the Coen's also referenced that scene in Burn After Reading.

Interesting that Lee Marvin & Angie Dickinson met up again in The Killers Don Siegel remake.

55 minutes ago, kinuta said:

I think the Coen's also referenced that scene in Burn After Reading.

Interesting that Lee Marvin & Angie Dickinson met up again in The Killers Don Siegel remake.

I think The Killers was first but I've always thought of the two together too-- can never remember which one has Ronald Regan as a bad guy.  

1 hour ago, medjuck said:

I think The Killers was first but I've always thought of the two together too-- can never remember which one has Ronald Regan as a bad guy.  

Reagan was the evildoer in The Killers. I read that he was so upset that the role tarnished his image and damaged his political chances that he tried to get the film withdrawn and or destroyed. Personally I think he played a great bad man, in fact it's his only role that sticks in my memory. 

8 hours ago, GA Russell said:

Joe, seeing Jim's post about Too Late for Tears, I wonder...Did you ever know Roy Huggins?

No.  But I do know Any Davis who directed the film of The Fugitive.  I'm seeing him Saturday and I'll ask him if he  did. 

1 hour ago, gmonahan said:

Just showed on TCM. Fun little movie! Great special effect with they smash the nasty alien and he goes up in a puff of smoke!

gregmo

Did you ever see the movie Hugo. That’s when I first became aware of Melies. There are some wonderful scenes where Ben Kingsley (playing Melies) explains how they made movies.