Return Of The Film Corner Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 5/7/2018 at 8:35 PM, JSngry said:

On a Roku PD channel called ON Classic Movies:https://www.rokuguide.com/channels/on-classic-movies

Unlike almost every other streaming PD material Roku channel, this one has no ads at all.

Did you add this channel from the Roku Channel Store, or by entering a code manually? It's apparently no longer available in the Channel Store (searching there for it returns no results, and the link on the Roku Guide page dumps me back to the first page of the Movies & TV section of the Channel Store).

I think I tried to add this channel to my Roku once before, and ran into the same problem, but if it was indeed yanked, it seems to have happened fairly recently, as there are references elsewhere on the web to it being available at the beginning of this year. 

3 hours ago, JSngry said:

Added it from the Channel Store. Watched it jsut tonight, in fact:

MV5BMTMzM2NjZjYtYzlhMi00ZGM4LThiOTEtNTE3

Jim,

You never tell us whether you actually like all these admittedly coolly titled B movies you watch! Are there any you'd particularly recommend, or are you only posting posters from ones you *would* recommend?!

gregmo

Only posting the ones I've enjoyed.

Keep in mind that I enjoy them for different reasons, from picture to picture. Some I enjoy for the dialogue, some for the acting "style"s, some for the look, some for the sociological elements of different periods of American life captured at times quite inadvertently, any number of reasons besides them being "great cinema". But I have been both entertained and engaged by all of them. If I put up the poster, that means I felt like the movie was worth the hour or so that it took to watch it.