Return Of The Film Corner Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, gmonahan said:

Endgame, this weekend! I have some friends coming over to see it with me, and the first time we could get in with ok seats was...Sunday morning. Sure would be nice to have 1% of what this movie is going to make over the next several days!

gregmo

We’re seeing it in about 40 minutes. 

12 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

Sunday afternoon - already have tickets!

It was a fun movie. We saw it at 3 and the place was packed. They even have a 3am showing tonight.  We bought tickets a few weeks ago. 

Edited by Brad

On 4/26/2019 at 4:40 PM, Brad said:

It was a fun movie. We saw it at 3 and the place was packed. They even have a 3am showing tonight.  We bought tickets a few weeks ago. 

I agree--maybe the best from Marvel so far. I wonder if it will get an Oscar nomination the way "Return of the King" did.

a647ba63427348ba9cd9568a5d5c9953.jpg

Admittedly, I dozed off at a couple of points while watching this, but I think I saw enough of it to give it a fair shot.  What at first seemed like a gorgeously filmed adaptation of a third rate, contractual obligation story by James M. Cain is instead grossly surreal when one realizes it is a tale of a man who begins a love affair with an older woman only to later fall in love with her step-daughter.  WTF?!?!?  If the creative idea file is so thin nowadays that Mr. Allen has to cannibalize/fictionalize some of the more sordid features of his private life for movie ideas, then perhaps it is time to walk away from the camera.  Or as some one else once said, "Have you no sense of decency,sir?  At long last, have you left no sense of decency?"

That said, Kate Winslet was very, very good.  Jim Belushi seemed to be attempting to show us his version of "Acting", or else he was trying to do a poor John Goodman impersonation.  Either way, one is willing to indulge him up to a point, but then one simply must insist it stop!

Rewatching - Red Riding Trilogy 1974 - Julian Jarold

1980 - James Marsh

1983 - Anand Tucker

Image result for red riding trilogy

On 2019年4月23日 at 1:01 PM, Matthew said:
5 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

Yea IMHO.

As the man said. A must see film. It's quiet and character based with exceptional cinematography. Worth seeing just for the night time train robbery scene