New Live in Paris Series

Dan Gould

• 2 weeks later...
On May 30, 2016 at 3:39 AM, brownie said:

Not on the lîst is this one:

JATP 1958-1960, à 3CD set with mostly unissued items by the JATP all stars (Roy, Hawk, Carter, Stitt, Byas), Shelly Manne (with Joe Gordon and Richie Kamuca) , Stan Getz

(With  Jan Johansson, Daniel Jordan, William Schlopffe), also Diz and Getz and JJ.

Great set and good sound recorded in Paris.

I would add that there is a complete and very fine performance of Gillespiana by Dizzy's Quintet (Leo Wright, Lalo Schriffrin, Art Davis, Chuck Lampkin) from November 25, 1960. Also a set by the Stan Getz Quartet, with the group from his At Large LP; Getz sounds sublime to me, but apparently he was unhappy and fired the group afterwards. And  Shelley Manne's Blackhawk quintet (substituting Russ Freeman for Victor Feldman) plays a terrific set. All is well recorded.

• 1 year later...

Latest releases from the séries is the Duke Ellington Oct-Nov 1958 double CD with the Alhambra October 29 and Salle Pleyel November 20 concerts (my first ducal live concert) out this month from Europe no. 1 and ORTF archives.

Edited by brownie
Full date missing