Concord enters the 5 LPs box market

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, crisp said:

Me too. I missed the boat on the complete Phillips box set. I like his song choices.

BTW any remarks on Rita Reys would also be appreciated.

A really cool voiced lady - highlights of the Box (IMO) are "Rita Reys Meets Oliver Nelson" and "Rita Reys Today" but the other albums not lagging too far behind .... and the price for this amount of music is pittance ....

Edited by soulpope

Even the Concord sets are more likely to be the labels they acquired from Fantasy (Prestige, Riverside, etc.).  Great music, but already re-re-re-released to death.   And knowing Concord, their idea of a swell box set would be to combine "Plays for Lovers" bogus compilations by, say Miles, Trane, Monk, Brubeck, Newk.

6 hours ago, HutchFan said:

This means that Concord now owns all of the Muse catalog -- except for the few titles owned by Don Schlitten -- correct?

I think so, yeah?

So will this make it easier or more difficult for Mosaic to get together that Bill Barron set that I'm everybody is clamoring for?

4 hours ago, crisp said:

More difficult. I don't think Concord has ever licensed anything to Mosaic. Nor have they re-released much of their considerable archive.

Makes what Fantasy did seem even more miraculous in retrospect.  We are blessed that there isn't all that much from Prestige/Riverside that wasn't reissued on CD.

On 5/31/2016 at 8:24 AM, king ubu said:

They're from Universal Europe ... and as such prob. to be considered boots in the US (as they're PD, no matter if "official" or not). Ain't that funny? ;)

Would Universal Europe get in the boot business? Perhaps  they represent Concord in Europe.

19 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Yes, took your advice and filled both boots, expecially with the Limited Edition series. Thanks for that !

Now you can only fill your boots with boots.

2 hours ago, JSngry said:

Still trying to figure out the "Concord" link to these obviously legacy-Universal sets.

Yep, I posted it in the wrong thread. Although they are all European Universal projects since Uni handles Concord and the Verve family over here.