BFT 146 REVEAL!

Okay I just spent nearly an hour typing all the track titles, artist info and band members, etc and when I went to post it I got an error message and LOST all my work!  So here's the short form; sorry but I can't bring myself to spend another hour doing it again!!

Track One "P" from the 2012 "Rheomusi" CD by Fabiano Arajo with Arild Andersen and Nana Vasconcelos

Track Two "Snoopy" from the 1970 "Takeru" LP by Takeru Muraoka with George Otsuka, Yoshio Ikeda, and Masabumi Kikuchi

Track Three "Movement 1" from the 1966 LP "Nuovi Sentimenti" by Giorgio Gaslini with Don Cherry, Steve Lacy, Gato Barbieri, Enrico Rava, and more.

Track Four "Without you" from the 1965 LP "Heartplants" by Gunter Hampel with Manfred Schoof, Alex Von Schlippenbach, Buschi Neibergall, and Pierre Courbois

Track Five "A Free Call" from the 1966 LP "New Call from France" by Jef Gilson

Track Six "Out of this world" from the 1960 LP "Out of this world" by Walter Benton with Freddie Hubbard, Paul Chambers, Wynton Kelly, and Albert Heath.

Track Seven "Hem" from the 2015 LP "Midwest" by Mathias Eick with Mats Eilertsen, etc.

Track Eight "Mirage" from the 1969 LP "Change Is" by the Don Rendell/Ian Carr group with Michael Garrick, etc.

Track Nine "All Blues/St.Louis Blues" from the 1982 LP "Affinity" by Helen Merrill with Masahiko Togashi, Masahiko Sato, Hozan Yamamoto, etc

Track Ten "you better go now" from the 1955 LP "That's Nat" by Nat Adderley with Jerome Richardson, Hank Jones, Kenny Clarke, etc

Track Eleven "Windfall" from the 1983 LP "Journey's End" by Miroslav Vitous with John Taylor, John Surman, and Jon Christensen.

Sorry for the short version...too frustrated!  Lesson learn in not saving or copying work before hitting the "submit" button!!!!

Basically I chose this BFT to pay tribute to some recent passings (Vasconcelos, Kikuchi, Taylor, Barbieri) and to just highlight some good tunes from some obscure and not so obscure albums!  Thanks to all those who took part...hope you enjoyed it!

I understand your frustration because the unexpected deletion of a lot of material has happened to me at work more than once.

For the benefit of those who spent time listening to, thinking about, enjoying, and writing about your selections, could you please post something more? Maybe an online link for each track, which would contain the information which was deleted?

Thanks for the consoling words!  I think the frustration was multiplied by the fact that my spare time is quite limited with a wife and two little kids.  I would suggest a quick google search or discogs search for further details; should only take one or two mouse clicks to find further info!  The main details are there; I just left out complete musician/instrument details, label details, and misc comments I had for each track.

For example entering "new call from France" and "Jef gilson" into google will reveal as much as one would need.  Btw my suspicion is the soloist is Jean-Louis Chantemps because his name is highlighted on the album sleeve.

Anyone know if the Muraoka and especially the Hampel are readily available on CD?  I can't find them doing a cursory search.  Great BFT, thanks again.  I agree a google search can provide any necessary session info.  

Thanks for a very enjoyable BFT.

I feel a bit  embarrassed about not recognizing the Hampel and Gilson tunes. In my defence, I could only listen once and the track you picked from "Heartplants" (actually it's "Without Me" not "Without You") is, although beautiful, probably the least representative of the album (esp. Schlippenbach plays a lot more "out" elsewhere). Anyway, it's a great album that should be wider known. The same goes for the genius of Jef Gilson... Many of his records are quite unique and completely different from each other and yet all of them unmistakably Gilson. So another splendid choice!