Album Covers That Try To Tell You What To Do

JSngry

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow, hadn't heard of this,... you've really made it in life, if you can record an album like that, playing your favorite Monk and Coltrane tunes on your trumpet, for a major label - just because your famous for something else...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/1/2021 at 6:37 AM, Niko said:

wow, hadn't heard of this,... you've really made it in life, if you can record an album like that, playing your favorite Monk and Coltrane tunes on your trumpet, for a major label - just because your famous for something else...

Who are these people? That is the worst cover I've ever heard.

Edited by Dan Gould

Sven Regner, singer and guitar player and front figure with a highly respected German indie rock bands of the 90s (Element of Crime), their German language albums starting with  Damals hinterm Mond form one of the most impressive bodies of work within postwar German language popular music or something like that... just like most of my friends, I have heard their most popular songs hundreds of times and can easily sing along with something like this

just like we could sing along with many Tom Waits songs... I guess the two have similar fan bases in Germany... at some point, Regner started to write novels, people were skeptical as usual but at least the first one turned into a bestseller, Herr Lehman, that was celebrated for it's portrayal of  Berlin ca 1990... 

he also wrote a script for the movie version of that book, which was a highly successful movie over here... and like I wrote above, after all those movies, novels, audiobooks, rock albums, many of which were both brilliant and huge sellers... he had built up enough of a standing with his major label that he could release an awful album of jazz standards featuring himself on trumpet...