YEN 200.000 (=USD 1.900+) ....

soulpope

While that has to be a mistake, it ain't gonna be cheap (or anywhere on my radar):

Crystal CD edition of "Waltz For Debby" release from Bill Evans Trio. This product is released in commemoration of the 55th anniversary of the original recording of the album. Features 2013 DSD remastering based on the US original analog master tapes. This set comes with a Pure LP edition and a SHM-CD edition of the album, both of which use the same DSD master. LP box packaging. *Crystal Disc is made of glass material for pursuing the ultimate audio quality, and it fully compatible with standard CD players.

Whoow - its gone down by £40 since I saw this a few days ago, for those who pay Sterling.  Bargain ;-)  (Well, unless we Brits leave Europe today and the pound plummets.)  You'd think they'd offer more than 3% bonus points given the price.  Wouldn't want to drop one of these being made of glass.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Kevin Bresnahan said:

So let me get this straight... $2,000 for a CD made of GLASS?!? As in, the stuff you drop on the floor and it smashes to bits? Yeah, that ain't gonna happen.

You obviously have no appreciation for the finer things.....:D

gregmo

1 hour ago, gmonahan said:

You obviously have no appreciation for the finer things.....:D

gregmo

Nor has anyone noted that this is $2000 for a glass CD, an SHM transfer (presumably not glass) and vinyl.

So really the glass CD is less than $700.

• 2 years later...