How much do Naxos CDs cost where you live?

As you will by now have learnt, Naxos have unfortunately had to take the decision to move many of their titles away from the budget price point they have long been famous for. Most new releases from now on, plus around 2000 back catalogue titles, will be priced at £8.50, although we have been able to reduce July’s new releases very slightly for a limited period 

Recent note from uk cd supplier. 

Hard to make comparisons when the UKP is in freefall, but just curious.

Edited by David Ayers

This might sound like a wiseass answer, but it's not - you can't buy Naxos CDs where I live, not that I know of. Bricks and mortars that sells new classicals past the very most obvious (or in the bins since last century-ish), no, not now, not that I know about.

So, I'm gonna be buying them from the same online shacks as everybody else, I suppose.

There is one small local classical store selling them, but I haven't been there for a while - their prices always were one or two € higher than those of online stores. In Europe. Naxos now has a big competitor in Briliant Classics, but they, too, have raised their prices a bit. Could it be that manufacturing cost have increased?