FS - Dire Straits Alchemy

The Hoffman forum is where  I learned that every issue of every title ever released is a rare collectors item.  Out of curiosity, what is it about this issue of the title that makes it so desirable?  That being asked, this is my favorite Dire Straits release.  I never really liked them much after this, don't need to ever hear Brothers in Arms or any of the subsequent releases again.  Don't want my MTV no mo.

1 hour ago, felser said:

The Hoffman forum is where  I learned that every issue of every title ever released is a rare collectors item.  Out of curiosity, what is it about this issue of the title that makes it so desirable?  That being asked, this is my favorite Dire Straits release.  I never really liked them much after this, don't need to ever hear Brothers in Arms or any of the subsequent releases again.  Don't want my MTV no mo.

West German pressings with this style of artwork are almost always first pressings. Note that I didn't say it is the best pressing, just the first pressing. Collectors want these first pressings no matter how they sound.

To answer the question above, this is not the Target version.  I don't understand why these are so pricey.  From what I understand they are the same mastering.  Having said that this is in mint condition, sounds great. And...I, too, wish I kept my baseball cards.  1965-1972 Phillies.

Oh and by the way: $10 shipped U.S.

Edited by hbbfam
left out some info

1 hour ago, felser said:

Not exactly a glorious era for them.  Carlton in '72 notwithstanding.

Glorious era and Philadelphia Phillies baseball were mostly mutually exclusive phrases (1976-80 and 2007-2010 not withstanding).  Still my childhood was spent at Connie Mack Stadium.  And for those of you who don't know the Carlton reference...He won 27 games for a team that won a total to 59.

1 hour ago, hbbfam said:

Glorious era and Philadelphia Phillies baseball were mostly mutually exclusive phrases (1976-80 and 2007-2010 not withstanding).  Still my childhood was spent at Connie Mack Stadium.  And for those of you who don't know the Carlton reference...He won 27 games for a team that won a total to 59.

Correct, they went to the post season five times 1976-1983, five times 2007-2011, and three times (1915, 1950, 1993) apart from those two eras.  And that's going back to like 1876.  We still recognize (but don't celebrate) "Chico Ruiz day" here.

http://sabr.org/gamesproj/game/september-21-1964-chico-ruiz-steals-home-begin-phillies-collapse