Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
danasgoodstuff

Lee Morgan Film

103 posts in this topic

On 12/23/2017 at 11:26 AM, Daniel A said:

Not sure if this is really good news, but according to an interview with Casper Collin (in Swedish only; at least I haven't found any translation of that interview) Morgan's life will now be the subject of a full-fledged "Hollywood" biopic.

I can't fathom a 'biopic' of Lee's life happening, nor anything good coming from it (should any such movie ever be made).

Received this DVD for Christmas and just now watched it.  Really well done, utterly fascinating in fact.  It really plays like a biography of Morgan, with Helen as one of the contributors.  And then of course it turns.  The first hand observations of Billy Harper and others are chilling.

Lee Morgan is one of my all-time favorites.  His music has been important to me for 35+ years.  If you feel the same way, this is a must-see.

9 hours ago, Eric said:

Received this DVD for Christmas and just now watched it.  Really well done, utterly fascinating in fact.  It really plays like a biography of Morgan, with Helen as one of the contributors.  And then of course it turns.  The first hand observations of Billy Harper and others are chilling.

Lee Morgan is one of my all-time favorites.  His music has been important to me for 35+ years.  If you feel the same way, this is a must-see.

I didn't realize think there was a DVD release I thought it was pay for play on youtube. Now I see Amazon does sell it, as a burn-on-demand offer.

Truth be told even though its 5x the cost I am seriously thinking about that option.  I had been waiting for proper broad-band to be installed before finally seeing this but having a copy to keep is very tempting.