Frank Sinatra "World On A String", 4 CD/1 DVD boxed set

duaneiac

81TpIUsWJxL._SL1500_.jpg

Another box of "live" Frank Sinatra performances from the Sinatra archives is coming in October.  This one has an interesting looking assortment of material.  Long ago, I had the Monte Carlo Sporting Club concert on a cassette tape (that I found in a Woolworth's bargain bin of all places) and it was one of my favorite concert recordings.  I lost that tape years ago, so I'm looking forward to its inclusion on this set.  Here's some details:

"The first CD kicks off with Sinatra’s June 14, 1958 show at Monte Carlo’s Sporting Club at which he was introduced by none other than Noel Coward, and concludes with his recordings at Italy’s RAI Radio Club from May 20, 1953.  The second disc flashes forward to 1961 and a lengthy concert at Australia’s Sydney Stadium from December 2 of that year.  The third disc features Ol’ Blue Eyes’ landmark September 297, 1979 show at Egypt’s Pyramids while the fourth takes listeners to the Dominican Republic’s Altos de Chevon in the city of La Romana.

The DVD comprises entirely unreleased material, documenting Sinatra on a 1962 goodwill tour raising money for underprivileged children.  There’s an entire show from Hibya Park, Japan from April 21, plus the documentaries Frank Sinatra with All God’s Children and Sinatra in Israel and twelve commercials Sinatra made for the Perugina candy company.  These commercials featured newly-recorded (albeit abbreviated) versions of his classics, performed with The Bill Miller Sextet and arranged by Neal Hefti."

More info & track listings here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...