Article about Ron McMaster

4 hours ago, B. Clugston said:

Thanks for posting that.  Funny to read about him after all the nasty things said about his work on the old BNBB and other forums.  He's just a human being after all, and many people like his work (including Cuscuna, as I recall).  Kinda heartwarming to read about how he mastered the work of his old band that had never been previously released.

On September 8, 2016 at 10:09 AM, mjzee said:

Thanks for posting that.  Funny to read about him after all the nasty things said about his work on the old BNBB and other forums.  He's just a human being after all, and many people like his work (including Cuscuna, as I recall).  Kinda heartwarming to read about how he mastered the work of his old band that had never been previously released.

I have a two cd set of the above that was released on cd with the band's permission and involvement around the turn of the century.  David Houston is still here in Sacramento and was playing regularly and recording excellent self-penned songs on hs own label until recent personal issuse made him dial things back a lot. 

• 8 months later...

I recently found out that I'm '2 degrees of separation' from McMaster. An old high school friend of mine has known him for many years, and his wife even longer. She knew him in high school in Sacramento. Hopefully I'll get to meet him someday and pick his brains.