Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hot Ptah

Sign Up to Present a Blindfold Test in 2017

40 posts in this topic

I have had some questions about the schedule for presenting Blindfold Tests in 2017.  I am going to open it up for signups. Please let me know if you want to present a Blindfold Test in 2017, and which months are your preferred months.

Here is the schedule so far:

2017

January                Jo Keith

February              Dan Gould

March                   Hot Ptah

April                      Mary6170

May                     Hardbopjazz

June                    mjzee

July                     Thom Keith

August                 randyhersom

September

October               JSngry

November           The Magnificent Goldberg

December           Felser

Edited by Hot Ptah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take June again; thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like October or November, please. September is too soon after my buying expeditions to Paris for me to have absorbed what groovy goodies I've got.

MG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Magnificent Goldberg said:

I'd like October or November, please. September is too soon after my buying expeditions to Paris for me to have absorbed what groovy goodies I've got.

MG

You can have November, MG.

4 hours ago, mjzee said:

I'll take June again; thanks.

June it is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

December has been mine for a couple of years, and I'll be glad to sign up for December 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, felser said:

December has been mine for a couple of years, and I'll be glad to sign up for December 2017.

You have December!

I have updated the first post to reflect these sign-ups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can return to this Organissimo tradition. I've been away for a while. I can do April or May if it is still available.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Hardbopjazz said:

I can return to this Organissimo tradition. I've been away for a while. I can do April or May if it is still available.  

Thanks. You have May.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2016 at 9:22 AM, Hot Ptah said:

Thanks. You have May.

Okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take February, 2017, please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mikeweil said:

I'll take February, 2017, please.

It's yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm terribly sorry, but I have to cancel my February BFT. Last Friday our refrigerator went belly up - gladly the replacement was already waiting in the basement as we had planned some changes in the kitchen, but this meant spending Saturday with breaking down the old fridge/freezer and its housing, painting the wall behind it, and getting the new fridge up to 3rd floor. Transporting the old stuff to the dump is due tomorrow, buying and mounting some kitchen furniture will take the rest of the week.

Even worse, my main computer got caught in a restart loop - a first diagnosis means getting a new hard drive or a new computer, luckily I have a recent backup, but getting a new machine and transferring all my datra and software licences is not exactly what I wanted to do during my days off after Christmas. I have the music slection almost done, but it will take some time before I can transfer the tracks to MP3 etc. 

As I said, very sorry, I will step back in line as soon as evrything is back up and running. I may have little time to check in here over the coming weeks, so happy holidays to everyone, besides these minor mishaps we're fine and looking forward to some quieter days.

 

p.s. sending this from my tablet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mikeweil said:

I'm terribly sorry, but I have to cancel my February BFT. Last Friday our refrigerator went belly up - gladly the replacement was already waiting in the basement as we had planned some changes in the kitchen, but this meant spending Saturday with breaking down the old fridge/freezer and its housing, painting the wall behind it, and getting the new fridge up to 3rd floor. Transporting the old stuff to the dump is due tomorrow, buying and mounting some kitchen furniture will take the rest of the week.

Even worse, my main computer got caught in a restart loop - a first diagnosis means getting a new hard drive or a new computer, luckily I have a recent backup, but getting a new machine and transferring all my datra and software licences is not exactly what I wanted to do during my days off after Christmas. I have the music slection almost done, but it will take some time before I can transfer the tracks to MP3 etc. 

As I said, very sorry, I will step back in line as soon as evrything is back up and running. I may have little time to check in here over the coming weeks, so happy holidays to everyone, besides these minor mishaps we're fine and looking forward to some quieter days.

 

p.s. sending this from my tablet

Mike I believe that Thom prefers a physical CD to MP3 files if you are using his site for hosting. So you shouldn't actually have to transfer to MP3 as long as you don't mind shipping the darn thing to the States.

Having said that, I could slip in to Mike's spot if needed. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay - if I can get my external burner to work with this tablet .... I'll check it out this evening and post here. That, btw, answers my questions about Thom's procedure :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Dan. Please let us know Mike. If it is easier for you to go to a later month, Dan will take February.

Dan, I actually did not have you down for any month in 2017. If Mike does stay with February, we can discuss which other month you would like to do.

I can also slip into Mike's spot, or any spot this year. Somehow I have already completed two discs of BFT material in preparation for my 2017 BFT.

Edited by Hot Ptah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hot Ptah said:

Thanks Dan. Please let us know Mike. If it is easier for you to go to a later month, Dan will take February.

Dan, I actually did not have you down for any month in 2017. If Mike does stay with February, we can discuss which other month you would like to do.

I can also slip into Mike's spot, or any spot this year. Somehow I have already completed two discs of BFT material in preparation for my 2017 BFT.

I've only very recently considered a list of track possibilities. So if Mike drops out, I'd have to move quick which is a good thing, no obsessing over what to use and what to drop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

I've only very recently considered a list of track possibilities. So if Mike drops out, I'd have to move quick which is a good thing, no obsessing over what to use and what to drop.

Dan, if you do not want to move quick, I have a BFT all ready to go for March. I could take February and you could take March. This all depends on Mike deciding not to keep February for sure though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hot Ptah said:

Dan, if you do not want to move quick, I have a BFT all ready to go for March. I could take February and you could take March. This all depends on Mike deciding not to keep February for sure though.

I'm cool with February if Mike can't make it work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The external burner works - next step is downloading the software I had licensed .... if I can get this to full function, I can make it. I need a day more or two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mikeweil said:

The external burner works - next step is downloading the software I had licensed .... if I can get this to full function, I can make it. I need a day more or two. 

Thanks for letting us know. You have some time before we have to reschedule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your understanding! I was saved by a good friend working in some IT company, one of whose colleagues is a specialist for the type of notebook I have, he just returned it. All my data are saved, but I have to re-install most software, type in all the license keys etc. - but I think I can make it. My hard disk is not defective, must have been some mishap during the last update procedure. 

The old fridge is in the dump, the new one in the kitchen, we're out for the furniture parts tomorrow - all is well again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's this about burning the fridge after somebody took a dump in it? What kind of cabaret act IS this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JSngry said:

What's this about burning the fridge after somebody took a dump in it? What kind of cabaret act IS this?

Hey, Jim, since you are here anyway.....April, August, September and October are open in 2017. Do you want to present a Blindfold Test in one of those months? Your last test was so remarkable!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.