Cookers-Call of the Wild and Peaceful Heart

mr jazz

I sent an IM to David the other day asking how we can order it directly from him, will share here whatever info he sends me.  Billy Harper seems to have an expanded writing/arranging role on this one, so I'm even extra excited for sure, though all of David's work (with this group and his other ensembles) is excellent.

On 9/15/2016 at 7:43 AM, mr jazz said:

Beautiful music would be my comment. Congrats to board member David Weiss and the group for another fine  recording. I'm listening to the HR download which is quite nice. Bravo!

I have listened a few times through.  It really is beautiful music  - well said.

Thanks for all the support guys. I'm glad you're all enjoying the recording. 

15 hours ago, Kevin Bresnahan said:

It seems weird to see a recording studio with a wall of glass windows in it. Isn't that a bit too reflective for a studio or do the baffles around the individual players prevent these windows from coming into play?

Hey Kevin,

The isolation booths need to have glass doors so we can all see each other. The rooms themselves are not that lively so the glass does not really effect the overall sound of the room that much. You will notice that no horn player is playing in the direction of the glass. The baffling is more to get a little separation between the horns. If you notice, the main room has curtains for all the windows and curtains for the isolation booths which can be drawn if the isolation booths are not being used and that will cut down on any sound bouncing off the glass if it's let say, a lively session. The studio is Sear Sound which is one of the better studios in New York these days. I didn't hear anything about this being released on vinyl. That would be cool.

• 4 weeks later...