?????

The subject line Debate 9/27 was a mirror of a just-locked thread Debate 9/26 which was overtly/totally political in intent. The timing and placement of your new thread in a non-music subforum suggested the possibility that it was an "answer" thread, especially since the content did nothing to indicate that it was to be a specifically musical discussion (the content was not "do you prefer...." but was just Experimental Hip Hop, or Gansta Rap? Knowing this community to be a bunch of intelligent wiseasses, the potential for equating candidates to genres was real enough. And it would probably have been funny. But it would also have been political, which the owner of the board has explicitly forbidden.

Since I don't have all day to sit around and wait to see what the intent was or what the results would be, I locked the thread, as I had done with the overtly political one.

Premature? Perhaps. But please feel free to start such a discussion in a music subforum. Even use that same subject line if you like, if you think that will attract the discussion you desire.

I'm locking this thread now. the OP's question has been asked and answered. Further pursuance of an actual musical discussion is encouraged, as always.

• JSngry locked this topic