Bob Dylan 1966 concerts 36 CD box on Sony

felser

Pre-order price is about $150 on Amazon.  $4 per disc?  I'm definitely in.  Following is from superdeluxeedition.com

Bob Dylan / The 1966 Live Recordings / massive 36-disc box set

September 27, 2016 by Paul Sinclairtags: 1960s, Bob Dylan

1966live

Sony are to release, The 1966 Live Recordings, a 36-disc Bob Dylan box set that will contain every known recording from his legendary 1966 tour.

These recordings are issued here officially from the best available sources (soundboard, CBS Recordings, audience recording). With the exception of the Manchester concert (May 17, 1966) released as The Bootleg Series Vol. 4 in 1998, a pair of songs appearing on the 1985 Biograph compilation and a smattering of others, the overwhelming majority of tracks and performances onThe 1966 Live Recordings are previously unreleased in any format – official or bootlegged – and are being made available now for the very first time.

dylan3.jpg

Liner notes have been provided by Clinton Heylin, and each individual CD is housed in a custom sleeve featuring stills from colour film shot by D.A. Pennebaker (see image above).

I have it under good authority that these boxes will be very limited, so if you’re genuinely interested then best advice is don’t hang around and get your (UK) pre-order in or US link is now live.

Discs 30 and 31 will also be issued as a 2LP vinyl set called The Real Royal Albert Hall 1966 Concert (it’s on 2CD as well). The title refers to the fact that for decades, Dylan’s performance in Manchester was incorrectly labeled, ‘The Royal Albert Hall Concert’. Now, for the first time, the REAL Royal Albert Hall concert (originally recorded by CBS Records) is finally being released.

The 1966 Live Recordings will be issued on 11 November 2016. The 2CD version of The Real Albert Hall 1966 Concert comes out on the same day with the vinyl version of that release to follow on 26 November 2016.

Besides, if they selected just a few concerts, listeners would complain about the ones not included.  This sort of release is for the completist, anyway.  Once you have it, you can listen to it at your leisure.  

There are probably interesting variations between the concerts.  I've owned the acoustic set of the Melbourne, Australia concert (disc #3) for many years.  Boy, is it eerie.

1 hour ago, danasgoodstuff said:

36 discs and none with Levon drumming (I think he bailed in late '65 but still...)?

That's fine; I much prefer Bobby Jones.

The right way to do this is to buy it and then play it on the day of the show, as close to the actual performance time as possible, and then do nothing in between but study, get high, and listen to other 1966 records, nothing else. Maybe watch some Get Smart reruns. Anything else and it gets all historical-y.

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

The right way to do this is to buy it and then play it on the day of the show, as close to the actual performance time as possible, and then do nothing in between but study, get high, and listen to other 1966 records, nothing else. Maybe watch some Get Smart reruns. Anything else and it gets all historical-y.

My contribution to help get the 1966 party started