Damaged disc

Hardbopjazz

Today I attempted to play disc 10 of the Complete Bill Evans on Verve. The disc doesn't play anymore. Clearly there is something wrong with the disc. I open iTunes and it recognizes the disc and asks if I want to import the disc into iTunes. iTunes shows all the tracks, but as unavailable.  A close inspection of disc doesn't seem to show any damage. Any thoughts on what I can try to get the disc to copy either to iTunes or another disc-CDR?

Try other CD players in the house: either standalone players or ones in computers.  If you have enough, odds are good that one can still play it.  At that point, try to make a copy: if it's on another computer, try ripping it to iTunes on that computer, and then transfer the files.  Or if you have a component CD recorder as part of your stereo system, you could try to make a digital copy using that.  I also have Roxio Toast software on my computer, which will make an exact digital copy of a disc.

BTW, I only have this problem with Verve CDs.

9 hours ago, JSngry said:

Will it play on any other player? Car, home, portable?

The issue started while I was in my car. The disc started to skip through each track then my player spit it out. It doesn't play anywhere.

9 hours ago, mjzee said:

Try other CD players in the house: either standalone players or ones in computers.  If you have enough, odds are good that one can still play it.  At that point, try to make a copy: if it's on another computer, try ripping it to iTunes on that computer, and then transfer the files.  Or if you have a component CD recorder as part of your stereo system, you could try to make a digital copy using that.  I also have Roxio Toast software on my computer, which will make an exact digital copy of a disc.

BTW, I only have this problem with Verve CDs.

Verve you say, hum, a trend.

1 hour ago, David Ayers said:

There are so many Evans box sets, I haven't even opened all of mine, let alone played them to the point where I would miss a disc...

Good luck fixing it - I find that a CD player can often play a disc that a PC won't, and car stereos have a life of their own.

I was thinking this too. I have all the Evans box sets. I won't miss one disc. 

I was able to make a copy of the disc, but the copy has the same problem.