LF: Billy Harper - Knowledge of Self

felser

The one missing Billy Harper album for my collection is "Knowledge of Self" (Denon, ca. 1978).  I don't really do vinyl anymore.  I am having trouble finding this in CD or download format (I just broke my sworn stance against buying downloads, getting the Hannibal Peterson MPS album from Amazon last night.  As a consumer I feel ripped off, but as a listener I feel blessed.  But would have payed five times the amount for a real CD issue).  Any leads on the Harper greatly appreciated, thx.

23 hours ago, felser said:

The one missing Billy Harper album for my collection is "Knowledge of Self" (Denon, ca. 1978).  

Hopefully so! Billy's done a few things for various non-American labels (as leader and as sideman) that are still under the radar for most collectors here. Hopefully, you've got the good radar! :)

This is the one that most readily comes to mind:

https://www.discogs.com/Billy-Harper-Quintet-Billy-Harper-Quintet/release/3761335

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

Hopefully so! Billy's done a few things for various non-American labels (as leader and as sideman) that are still under the radar for most collectors here. Hopefully, you've got the good radar! :)

This is the one that most readily comes to mind:

https://www.discogs.com/Billy-Harper-Quintet-Billy-Harper-Quintet/release/3761335

No, never heard of that one - you're killing me!  Is it

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:52 AM, Rooster_Ties said:

Was there a (supposedly legit) "Billy Harper Fanclub" CD-R edition?

If there was, be careful if ordering on the used market. My one fanclub CD-R stopped playing years ago and after several e-mails to the fanclub, I've come to the conclusion that I'm SOL (shit-outta-luck) with this disc.

Needless to say, I won't ever use that avenue again.

Kevin