LF Hank Demano LP- Freeway label FLP1

Looking for Hank Demano LP  label Freeway FLP1- recorded in LA 1956- titled "Listen To The Hank Demano Quartet". Has Don Friedman on piano.

The Fresh Sounds CD contains 2 Demano Freeway label LPs (FRS500 and FLP555) but not FLP-1.

Bump.

Edited by Stonewall15
Additional information

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, FLP555 was the number given.
Neither Jepsen nor the Goldmine Album guide listed it so I wasn't sure if this was the same one or not. Particularly since the album cover artwork looks more 50s-like and not so 60s-ish to me (reminds me of those mid-50s EmArcy LPs).

Dear Mods, would it be OK to post this except from Down Beat Jazz Record Reviews annual, Vol. I, here - purely for background info?

27187595un.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I just acquired a 45rpm record on the Freeway label with 2 songs by Hank Demano. The songs are "Yesterday" and "The Shadow Of Your Smile". These songs are not on the 3 released Freeway LPs. I have checked the Lord Discography and internet sources and can find no record of these 2 songs on Freeway. Do I have something rare?

Possibly these 2 songs were only recorded on 45 with the objective of being played on juke boxes. They were not included on the 3 LPs since they were recorded after the LPs were released.

I am still looking for the LP that is the subject of this post.

16 minutes ago, Stonewall15 said:

I just acquired a 45rpm record on the Freeway label with 2 songs by Hank Demano. The songs are "Yesterday" and "The Shadow Of Your Smile". These songs are not on the 3 released Freeway LPs. I have checked the Lord Discography and internet sources and can find no record of these 2 songs on Freeway. Do I have something rare?

Possibly these 2 songs were only recorded on 45 with the objective of being played on juke boxes. They were not included on the 3 LPs since they were recorded after the LPs were released.

I am still looking for the LP that is the subject of this post.

:tup

Always nice to find a 45 that isn't a part of released LPs. In the not too distant past I found a Curtis Peagler/Jazz Disciples 45 that post-dated the LPs they cut, and a Sam Lazar 45 that came after the Argo/Cadet LPs.

Good luck finding the elusive LP that is the subject of the thread.

The article linked to here (in connection with another rare Hank de Mano item)

https://www.popsike.com/HEAR-RARE-DEMO-HANK-DE-MANO-Wheels-Cars-and-Chicks-EP-Freeway-Jazz-Listen/111060148036.html

here's the link (Billboard from 1966)

http://books.google.com/books?id=MikEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA14&lpg=PA14&dq=HANK+DE+MANO+Wheels+Cars+and+Chicks+Freeway&source=bl&ots=uB_UARQnTB&sig=oHtKp2UlufWp0uLAOBIk3h7srzQ&hl=en&sa=X&ei=443IUKDxHqqWjAK8y4GgDw&ved=0CD8Q6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=HANK20DE%20MANO%20&f=false

mentions a single version of Shadow of Your Smile by the Freeway Quartet (w personnell that matches the Flying Flugelhorn album, Irv Craig/Rochlin etc) as the label's first release. This suggests that your single predates that album but not by  much. What is the catalogue number of your record? And yes, it certainly is pretty rare....