Had enough of this joint...

...I have been a member since 2004, and have even contributed hard-earned $.

I'm pretty much outta here. Not gonna be a drama queen like the not-missed Chris Albertson, but just a quick word on why, FWIW:

I posted a thread on a podcast interview done with another member and REAL supporter of jazz (unlike a few other bullshitters and fatmouthers on this MF who ruin it (for me at least). Practically NOTHING but hatred poured out of the, er, 'brave' and facile writing fingers of compassionate geniuses such as Scott Dolan and another moron whose name I don't give 2 1/2 shits to mention. 

This is what gets me more worked up than I care to be about digital 'communication' and, sadly, the 'jazz' world: Fighting, bullshit and 'bravery' by pussies who, unlike myself and a precious few others here, haven't contributed SHIT to this great art form other than their sad-assed, speaking out of turn and their asses 'contributions'. I am 62, no one knows how much time they are given in life, and I would prefer spending my own playing and hearing nice sounds or (are you listening God?) nursing a beer while 'petting' with some nice nubile creature. Or pretty much anything else than this nonsense.

So, gents: Kill each other, or do what the fuck you want. I care not and have better things to do with my precious time than have my thread about the masters I have known and certain assholes here have not, but run their tired-ass mouths anyway shit on.

I like most people here, but at my age---shee-it....

Good luck with that...

Edited by fasstrack

2 hours ago, fasstrack said:

I'm pretty much outta here. Not gonna be a drama queen like the not-missed Chris Albertson, but just a quick word on why, FWIW:

I posted a thread on a podcast interview done with another member and REAL supporter of jazz (unlike a few other bullshitters and fatmouthers on this MF who ruin it (for me at least). Practically NOTHING but hatred poured out of the, er, 'brave' and facile writing fingers of compassionate geniuses such as Scott Dolan and another moron whose name I don't give 2 1/2 shits to mention. 

This is what gets me more worked up than I care to be about digital 'communication' and, sadly, the 'jazz' world: Fighting, bullshit and 'bravery' by pussies who, unlike myself and a precious few others here, haven't contributed SHIT to this great art form other than their sad-assed, speaking out of turn and their asses 'contributions'. I am 62, no one knows how much time they are given in life, and I would prefer spending my own playing and hearing nice sounds or (are you listening God?) nursing a beer while 'petting' with some nice nubile creature. Or pretty much anything else than this nonsense.

So, gents: Kill each other, or do what the fuck you want. I care not and have better things to do with my precious time than have my thread about the masters I have known and certain assholes here have not, but run their tired-ass mouths anyway shit on.

Good luck with that...

I have no desire to wade into this quagmire, but it's unfortunate that you've chosen this way to exit.  Good luck and godspeed, I guess.  :mellow:

I'm sorry to see you go, fasstrack. I've missed the discussion totally, so I have no clue about what happened and who of what. I'm really not into arguments on the internet, I sort of try to keep away from all that since I do get worked up myself when that happens even when I have nothing to do with it. 
Thank you for helping out with the question(s) I had at the Musician forums etc.and the stories you've told about music/musicians. I've enjoyed those.
Keep doing your music and hold on to that, that is what is important. I hope the sleeping goes better now.
Say hi to Jon for me, if you run into him.
Kind regards, page

11 hours ago, fasstrack said:

No Joel, what happened is that you posted about the interview, then in less than a day, went ape-shit that no one had posted anything in response, at a time when the interview wasn't even up and available.

YOU made the issue about you, and the lack of ego-stroking from anyone on the board, and attacked everybody in sight for this perceived slight.

I'll say it again: the interview didn't exist online and you attacked the entire board for not jumping in with praise for you.

I've known needy artists, but that was some seriously fucked up shit, and it went downhill from there, starting with your first announced "departure".

So, go, stay, or say you're leaving and then eventually come back.  Makes no nevermind to me.

1 hour ago, sonnymax said:

You're a good man, CJ. Focused and respectful. I can learn a thing or two from you.

Thanks for the words, the brouhaha here really caught me by surprise because all I do is provide the musician to talk about projects/career, if no one listens it's cool.  I may do traditional text interviews more often, just have to get a good transcription program and edit accordingly.  Editing with one hand is not easy, at all, its a laborious process.

21 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

No Joel, what happened is that you posted about the interview, then in less than a day, went ape-shit that no one had posted anything in response, at a time when the interview wasn't even up and available.

YOU made the issue about you, and the lack of ego-stroking from anyone on the board, and attacked everybody in sight for this perceived slight.

I'll say it again: the interview didn't exist online and you attacked the entire board for not jumping in with praise for you.

I've known needy artists, but that was some seriously fucked up shit, and it went downhill from there, starting with your first announced "departure".

So, go, stay, or say you're leaving and then eventually come back.  Makes no nevermind to me.

Quoted for truth. 

Joel, you may want to find an adult to read this to you and explain what it means. 

As far as I can tell, nobody has said a motherfucking word to you since you went full frontal bitch last time. I didn't know leaving a message board was such an extended undertaking. But guess when people don't run to the door crying, "no, Joel!! Please don't do it!!!" you need to start this new hyper drama queen thread as a reminder of how emotionally needy you are. 

On 10/22/2016 at 11:43 PM, fasstrack said:

Good luck with that...

Jeez, you are a new yorker, don't forget that. You're supposed to be tougher than getting all soft on virtual insults. Stick around. 

Ah, here's what's funny - either

1. the guy has left for real, in which case you're all talking into the void
  2. the guy has left for now but will be back eventually, in which case you're setting the stage for more of the same
  3. the guy has no intention of leaving, is lurking right now and is taking all this in the fuel whatever fires he's got burning inside him, in which case, again, more of the same

At some point, what's the use, the real-world application here?

Have fun, I guess?

I really think Joel just needs to get his sleeping patterns right. I know I am unlike myself during the rare periods I don't get enough sleep, and it seems Joel has been insomniac and stressed about it about 100 times longer and more than I ever have been. 

I'll just say once more: get some rest. Sleep well.

On 10/23/2016 at 3:12 AM, Scott Dolan said:

Quoted for truth. 

Joel, you may want to find an adult to read this to you and explain what it means. 

As far as I can tell, nobody has said a motherfucking word to you since you went full frontal bitch last time. I didn't know leaving a message board was such an extended undertaking. But guess when people don't run to the door crying, "no, Joel!! Please don't do it!!!" you need to start this new hyper drama queen thread as a reminder of how emotionally needy you are. 

I won't say I agree with you both, because that could  cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe.  But I do want a "I'm not a Drama Queen" t-shirt...

16 hours ago, jazzbo said:

I really think Joel just needs to get his sleeping patterns right. I know I am unlike myself during the rare periods I don't get enough sleep, and it seems Joel has been insomniac and stressed about it about 100 times longer and more than I ever have been. 

I'll just say once more: get some rest. Sleep well.

You may very well be right, not sleeping is rough.