Has Planet Music Gone Away?

I was just checking around to see if Planet Music (http://www.planetmusic.es/) was going to carry the upcoming Jazz Factory releases and their link is now dead. Did they go under? A new web address maybe?

I was really interested in how much they were going to charge for that new reissue, Wynton Kelly - "The Complete Blue Note Trio Sessions", which I assume is the same stuff that was out on CD as "Piano Interpretations" here in the US. I may buy this CD even though I'll feel like I'm ripping off Blue Note. Of course, if Blue Note had it in print....

Later,

Kevin

Well, it looks like I can delete that link!

In checking around for another supplier of the Jazz Factory label, I've discovered that this label is part of the Disconforme group. As much as I want this music, I don't think I'll be buying this CD after all. Disconforme is the slimeball company that rips off the work of Mosaic and Uptown... I just can't support them, even if they are selling perfectly legal CDs out of Europe under their 50 year copyright laws. If they didn't flat-out rip-ff the remastering work from other companies, I could probably be OK, but they seem to be pretty scummy about it.

Later,

Kevin

You're absolutely right, Kevin. I stopped buying from them a long time ago, for the very same reason.

I'm still wondering about JSP and Proper (both from the U.K.), though. Last year a usually reliable source in the U.K. told me that they were also ripping-off the remastering work done by Mosaic, Bear Family (Germany), etc., at least for some of their sets. Does anybody have info on that?

Hans,

What Proper sets are you talking about? I know they did a Mildred Bailey set recently and that might be the case but their Dex set wasn't like that nor is their new or upcoming Johnny Hodges set (although it may intersect at the end with the first Mosaic set).